By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Sales Are GOOD.....SONY DON'T Drop Price!

Maynard_Tool said:
mmmm not really.... ps3 sales are not good, and of course sony is not doing fine. The thing is that... sony can't drop the price b/c that will simply destroy them. Not b/c the ps3 is doing "fine"

So yeah, you can all say don't drop it b/c it's fine.... but the truth is that ps3 is not doing fine.

Sony is losing s**t loads of money.... n ps3 is still on third... I don't know how people get to the part that "Ps3 sales are good or sony is doing fine".. I just don't get it.

And you are a Wii fanboy who recently bought a 360. So I "get" why you hate on the PS3. But 22 million people do "get" the benefits of owning one, while you don't, (that's a few million more then 360 had sold this time last year FYI). Mabey if you "get" to the realization that all 3 consoles this gen have some great games you won't "get" so defensive when people mention that the PS3 is selling fairly well considering the circumstances. 

You got that?

Around the Network
Steroid said:
Maynard_Tool said:
mmmm not really.... ps3 sales are not good, and of course sony is not doing fine. The thing is that... sony can't drop the price b/c that will simply destroy them. Not b/c the ps3 is doing "fine"

So yeah, you can all say don't drop it b/c it's fine.... but the truth is that ps3 is not doing fine.

Sony is losing s**t loads of money.... n ps3 is still on third... I don't know how people get to the part that "Ps3 sales are good or sony is doing fine".. I just don't get it.

And you are a Wii fanboy who recently bought a 360. So I "get" why you hate on the PS3. But 22 million people do "get" the benefits of owning one, while you don't, (that's a few million more then 360 had sold this time last year FYI). Mabey if you "get" to the realization that all 3 consoles this gen have some great games you won't "get" so defensive when people mention that the PS3 is selling fairly well considering the circumstances. 

You got that?

HA!!!! get your facts right next time man.... don't be blind

Ps3 is third no matter hwo you try to spin that... im sorry it's just the way it is. Don't hate the player, hate the game

Steroid said:
Maynard_Tool said:

And you are a Wii fanboy who recently bought a 360. So I "get" why you hate on the PS3. But 22 million people do "get" the benefits of owning one, while you don't, (that's a few million more then 360 had sold this time last year FYI). Mabey if you "get" to the realization that all 3 consoles this gen have some great games you won't "get" so defensive when people mention that the PS3 is selling fairly well considering the circumstances.  poorly.

You got that?

See what I did there? You would do well to heed your own words my friend. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Sony will have to drop the price for the Holidays if they don't want to get slammed by the 360 and Wii.

If they want to stay competitive, they must drop the price then. For now, sales are pretty decent, so there isn't a need for a drop at the moment.

ironman said:
Steroid said:
Maynard_Tool said:

And you are a Wii fanboy who recently bought a 360. So I "get" why you hate on the PS3. But 22 million people do "get" the benefits of owning one, while you don't, (that's a few million more then 360 had sold this time last year FYI). Mabey if you "get" to the realization that all 3 consoles this gen have some great games you won't "get" so defensive when people mention that the PS3 is selling fairly well considering the circumstances.  poorly.

You got that?

Lol selling 10k less at double the price? OMG meltdown! You need to heed reality. How many millions ahead is PS3 over what 360 was last year? Or shall we pretend the 360 is not an aging console released in 2005?;)

Around the Network

I would say that they should drop the price and market the heck out of it, but now it's too late. See if they had hyped it up and marketed the heck out of it when it was a new thing, I think it might have had a better chance of being #2. if they market the heck out of it now, I think most consumers will say "meh, i've already heard of that, it's not new, not exciting"

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

They should do it by October. My friends all got 360's cause their poor without jobs. Mommy and daddy would only by the cheap system. I have a job and ps3, but bought a 360 day one of the price drop. Many others will too. Their still is some sony loyalty left out there. 

If sony could drop the price of the ps3 it would have been done. We live in a global economic crisis, where even the giants of electronics have financial problems.  Sony shows huge losses in nearly all its divisions and can not do miracles. besides,  ps2 and psp sales of soft and hardware are same kind of low and so can´t "hide"  the ps3 sales problems. Have no doubt that once the production costs of the ps3 fall, a drop will come;  Sony does not want to lose any more players for the 360 and wii, but for now, the  strategy  for them is  to remain rational and resist the pressures of industry, at risk economically sank if they lower the price without pillars for it. No doubt that a slim version is on the way, whether this year or 2010. I do not think a drop of 50 U.S. dollars or euros solve the problems of sony. The drop has to be 100 at least, which further complicates the timing of the announcement of it.  I totally agree with you when you mean that sales of the ps3 are good given the circunstances. Only when  a substantial drop in price, ff 13, gran  turismo 5, god of war 3 and others comes,  sony can make its comeback . Will it be  too late for them?

couldn't have said it better my self

Steroid said:
ironman said:
Steroid said:
Maynard_Tool said:

You got that?

Lol selling 10k less at double the price? OMG meltdown! You need to heed reality. How many millions ahead is PS3 over what 360 was last year? Or shall we pretend the 360 is not an aging console released in 2005?;)

DELUSIONALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.