By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Sales Are GOOD.....SONY DON'T Drop Price!

They have forecasted 13M for the end of their FY.
There is no other way for them to achieve this than to do a $100 cut around October IMO.

Around the Network

Sony is doing good, they do have the best 3rd place console sales.

vess13 said:

have you personally been affected by the ressecion? most of the ppl who would by a console(for the most part) haven't been hit, so this is still terrible

you can not judge the whole world on what happens around you.... you are 1 of billions... you sorta dont matter in the big scheme of things (neither do I)

OT-sales are lower then i though tbut still fine. no games are coming out its the summer.. all sales are low.

I dont understand how people say ps3 is doomed when xbox is 10k more. xbots fanboys are crazy if you think the price means nuthin.

vess13 said:

have you personally been affected by the ressecion? most of the ppl who would by a console(for the most part) haven't been hit, so this is still terrible

What is it with people and needing to get a grip these days.

1. How do you know the people who "would buy a console"

2. How do you know how many of them there is?

3. I dont even need a 3 as 1 + 2 were so awesome.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Kirby007

but you've got -500 VG$

if thats how you handle money in real life, can you ever get a PS3?

If sony can lose millions, I can make profit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@zezlar

exactly they must do that

In fact I'll go as far as saying Xbox 360 & Wii sales are GOOD too.....with wii ones being very GOOD

If we look at the situation the world is in.....everyones doing fine actually

Didn't Sony post a 1 billion dollar loss for 2008? Not sure what world you live in but I doubt any of the stockholders consider that as "doing fine actually".

Had to change my sig to get some moderator to quit bitching about it......

1.ppl that are potential buyers, this is in other words the "white collar" ppl, someone who does manual labor wouldn't buy a console, in most probability.
2.I don't know the exact number, but I think around 1 biilion( including ppl who never played and who will never play since i don't know they're numbers either).
3. you should have said: I really need a 3 as 1 + 2 were so obvious.

kirby007 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Kirby007

but you've got -500 VG$

if thats how you handle money in real life, can you ever get a PS3?

If sony can lose millions, I can make profit

Plus in rl i would have sued the person who stole my money

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

mmmm not really.... ps3 sales are not good, and of course sony is not doing fine. The thing is that... sony can't drop the price b/c that will simply destroy them. Not b/c the ps3 is doing "fine"

So yeah, you can all say don't drop it b/c it's fine.... but the truth is that ps3 is not doing fine.

Sony is losing s**t loads of money.... n ps3 is still on third... I don't know how people get to the part that "Ps3 sales are good or sony is doing fine".. I just don't get it.

I wonder how often it is that consumers of non-luxury/esteem goods PREFER that the multi-billion dollar company who makes their product of choice maintains an inflated price, even in an economic recession.

Sony does not have fans, they have a CULT...amazing and powerful brand loyalty.