By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Muramasa: The Demon Blade RPGFan Import review - OUCH

zexen_lowe said:
Khuutra said:
zexen_lowe said:
Khuutra said:

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/fireemblem-rd/index.html

No, I spoke as I meant to.

It is not their fault - but it is sort of their fault. Pretty much all genre specialty sites are that terrible when it coems to reviews.

88%...it deserves lower? Haven't played it, so I can't say

The problem is not with the score. I could not care less about the score.

Then what's the problem? I haven't played the game, so I don't know what the fuck is wrong there

Chill, chill.

The thing that I take issue with is the tone of the review, the lack of the reviewer's perspective of the series for which he is reviewing, his stated method of criticism, and the fact that he skipped over how the parts he didn't like are entirely, unquestionably skippable.

Around the Network

RPGfan reviews lol. I use everything at the site but those. Not very surprising that their Wii reviews are biased either after last year's game of the year awards.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
RPGfan reviews lol. I use everything at the site but those. Not very surprising that their Wii reviews are biased either after last year's game of the year awards.

I honestly liked their approach, there was no RPG on the Wii last year that deserved an award, and giving one to an rpg on the Wii that year wasn't giving an award to a fantastic game, it was giving an award to a mediocre game that didn't have enough competition.  It was harsh, but I definitely understood why they did it.

Khuutra said:

Chill, chill.

The thing that I take issue with is the tone of the review, the lack of the reviewer's perspective of the series for which he is reviewing, his stated method of criticism, and the fact that he skipped over how the parts he didn't like are entirely, unquestionably skippable.

Having read it, I still don't see anything wrong with it. His few criticisms look fairly well argumented, as do the good points. That review looks fine to me. I s'pose you as you played the game would notice more things, but as I'm now, that review convinces me

Still, I respect RPGFan for having the balls to give some PS2 RPGs the score they deserve, like this one http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/suikoden5/index.html

They focus on what really matters in an RPG, they give big importance to the story, and they know what RPG gamers look in an RPG

well, just know that there are people who have played and beaten this game with a very different opinion on the control scheme front, too many people like simple games these days.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Khuutra said:

Chill, chill.

Having read it, I still don't see anything wrong with it. His few criticisms look fairly well argumented, as do the good points. That review looks fine to me. I s'pose you as you played the game would notice more things, but as I'm now, that review convinces me

Still, I respect RPGFan for having the balls to give some PS2 RPGs the score they deserve, like this one http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/suikoden5/index.html

They focus on what really matters in an RPG, they give big importance to the story, and they know what RPG gamers look in an RPG

I look at it as a person who is trying to make a living out of criticism, though my experience is primarily literary rather than video game criticism.

I knew this game was going to be a hit or miss with most reviewers. You'll have the very old school kinda reviewers who'll respect this and then you'll have this new age kinda "hardcore" review sites that will bash it for simply being different. Just not going to have everyone respect the old school setup and stylize beauty that it is.

Review isn't one of the best but is important to note that replay value may not be the best but how long could this game have been anyways haha.

That review was so bad I'm almost tempted to buy the game just to spite the guy who wrote it.

Blue Dragon - 84
Infinite Undiscovery - 80
Ar Tonelico - 91 !!!!
BOF Dragon Quarter - 86
Final Fantasy XII - 97 !!!!!
Grandia 3 - 91 !!!!
Magna Carta -84
Persona 3 - 98 !!!!

Yes, they are a bunch of idiots. None of these games deserve more than 50.
Odin Sphere rocked, this one will rock also.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
Blue Dragon - 84
Infinite Undiscovery - 80
Ar Tonelico - 91 !!!!
BOF Dragon Quarter - 86
Final Fantasy XII - 97 !!!!!
Grandia 3 - 91 !!!!
Magna Carta -84
Persona 3 - 98 !!!!

Yes, they are a bunch of idiots. None of these games deserve more than 50.
Odin Sphere rocked, this one will rock also.

Wow.  Person 3 doesn't deserve more than a 50?  I don't even know what to say to that.

Furthermore, I absolute LOATHE FF12, and I'd still rate it higher than a 50 by a fair bit.