By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Muramasa: The Demon Blade RPGFan Import review - OUCH

lol I can tell you that the person who reviewed this game sucks at the game or don't know Japanese well enough to grasp the combat system, otherwise known as pure fail because it's not 65% if you know what you are doing and I don't know why game play and control are seperate scores. I can tell you right now that the controls are responsive yet not forgiving because you have many many options from ground attacks, slide attacks, air combos to ground combos, and different attacks depending on the 2 sizes of the Katana, you also have to be smart about your swords on boss fights to rotate them correctly so you don't have to use too many items.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
reaver_x said:
Riachu said:
They did the same thing to WKC. They totally massacred that game.

yea i really dont no why they bashed WKC b/c from wat ive seen from the gameplay footage, so far it looks impressive

According to them, the story was generic, the gameplay was flawed, and the sound was nothing special.  I'm still holding my breath for that game though.

sound is fine.

"It's fitting that Muramasa was released on the Nintendo Wii. It's a "style over substance" game that is not likely to hold your attention for more than a few days. In other words, it'll fit right in with the rest of the system's library."

This one sounds like a dedicated wii gamer, how could he be wrong :p

*Looking through their review database* Muramasa is like, one of the worst games they've played? And Odin Sphere got 92% (another reviewer though).

But, what the heck, Famitsu gave it a good score (don't remember exact score) and the previews have been good. And they gave FFXII 97%, that means I can't trust these people XD

The only other reviews I see are:

Edge Magazine UK - 6 out of 10
Ngamer UK- 89 out of 100

Seems like a wide range in the scores so far.

Ngamer said, "Expect the depth of an RPG and you may be disappointed, but for latent ninjas this blisteringly quick and beautiful action title will be like manna from heaven." Judging from that quote, it is better to think of this as an action game instead of a RPG.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

im still getting this game due to the fact that one: i want it, and two: RPGFan is a terrible review site.

Around the Network

I've played this game (still have yet to finish it), and I completely disagree with the gameplay, control, and overall scores. If until seeing this review you have been interested in what you have seen/read/heard about Muramasa and anxious to play it, I think it is safe to say you will enjoy the game.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Khuutra said:
FreeTalkLive said:
The reviewer clearly doesn't like Wii games. It's a completely biased review. However, even he admitted the game is good for a short time - which means rental.

This about works.

Incidentally RPGFan is about the worst resource on the internet for RPG reviews. Go figure.

Ehm, whether this review is good or not (haven't played the game, so can't say), RPGFan is by far the best site for RPG reviews. Are you sure you're not confusing it with RPGamer?

theRepublic said:

Ngamer UK- 89 out of 100

Ngamer said, "Expect the depth of an RPG and you may be disappointed, but for latent ninjas this blisteringly quick and beautiful action title will be like manna from heaven." Judging from that quote, it is better to think of this as an action game instead of a RPG.

Fitting, because Odin Sphere was more action than RPG anyway.

zex, the game is good, some people are just not good with more flexible controls.

theRepublic said:

Ngamer UK- 89 out of 100

Duh!

Shouldn't Muramasa be seen primarly as an action platformer game with RPG elements? Or are people looking at the screens/gameplay videos and thinking "Reminds me of Final Fantasy"...