By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Muramasa: The Demon Blade RPGFan Import review - OUCH

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Muramasa_The_Demon_Blade/index.html

Graphics: 90%
Sound: 85%
Gameplay: 65%
Control: 65%
Story: 80%
Overall: 69%

It's fitting that Muramasa was released on the Nintendo Wii. It's a "style over substance" game that is not likely to hold your attention for more than a few days. In other words, it'll fit right in with the rest of the system's library. To be fair, it's a few notches above your typical Wii Lumberjack-style game. The action is fast and amusing, the artistic design is fantastic, and there are occasional difficulties that may even exhilarate (there are challenge battles scattered around the game world. Try them ten clicks below the recommended level and you're in for a treat). The game mechanics, however, have "casual" written all over them. Muramasa is ultimately the sort of fleetingly enjoyable title that entertains for a few hours every six months before going back on the shelf.

Verdict: A pretty sweet rental.

That's very surprising, since RPGFan is not exactly a tough website, I was expecting more than 80% for this game. What do you think?

Graphics: 90%
Sound: 85%
Gameplay: 65%
Control: 65%
Story: 80%
Overall: 69%

Around the Network

... WHAT?! Say it aint so, say it aint so. This was one of the big games I've been looking forward to for a long time. Didn't the Odin Sphere team make this? Where did it go wrong?

They did the same thing to WKC. They totally massacred that game.

Riachu said:

yea i really dont no why they bashed WKC b/c from wat ive seen from the gameplay footage, so far it looks impressive

reaver_x said:
Riachu said:

yea i really dont no why they bashed WKC b/c from wat ive seen from the gameplay footage, so far it looks impressive

They massacred (it wasn't a massacre, the score was a bit higher than this, don't remember the exact score) it for the (according to them) atrocious story and the not-so-good multiplayer. The latter is seemingly getting fixed, the former, though....

Around the Network
reaver_x said:
Riachu said:

According to them, the story was generic, the gameplay was flawed, and the sound was nothing special.  I'm still holding my breath for that game though.

The reviewer clearly doesn't like Wii games. It's a completely biased review. However, even he admitted the game is good for a short time - which means rental.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

The reviewer said Wii games are style over substance. I just ignored everything after that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

FreeTalkLive said:
The reviewer clearly doesn't like Wii games. It's a completely biased review. However, even he admitted the game is good for a short time - which means rental.

This about works.

Incidentally RPGFan is about the worst resource on the internet for RPG reviews. Go figure.

That review was completely and unabashedly biased--"Oh, yeah, it's better than most lumberjack casual crap Wii games... oh, and I forgot to mention that Wii games have no substance!!"

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."