By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killzone 2 Quality/Graphics is possible on the X360!!

In my opinion, nothing at the moment, from what I've seen from videos of upcoming games, exceeds Killzone 2.

Uncharted 2 has a chance, given that it won a ton of 'best graphics' awards at E3, but I'll only be able to say for certain after beating the game.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:

@ slimebeast: what HEAVY RAIN trailers you been watchin? Cause it's apparent that you haven't seen all the recent footage.

I've seen them all, u very well know that cause we have debated this many times already. The original street-house 'Taxidermist' demo showing was far more impressive graphically than the latest trailers (backyard level and disco level).

Btw, is wiriting in blue text a new trademark of yours lol?

The "disco" level is ahead of the taxidermist scene in polygons and features, so no. Second, the FBI scene isn't as far along in development as the others, if you watched all the footage as you claim, you would have known this.

To your final question, at times, yes.

Taxidermist really wowed me, even if Im a horrible xbot I always was clear about that. Disco level is far from that. I wonder what happened to the taxidermist graphics, but my own analysis is that they wont include that in the game, or else they wouldnt have released trailers that looked much worse. I dunno why it was left out - do you? - maybe it was run on some other hardware than the PS3, or they just became lazier with designing the graphics with the rest of the game.

Bethesda ? Are you kidding me ? Their games are amazing but they still sport last gen textures in their games.

CGI-Quality said:

@ RAZ: umm, no. Announcements of games don't "confirm" which one will look better. We've yet to see anything concrete on either of the titles you mentioned. To outdo Killzone 2, these developers are going to HAVE to put forth MEGA effort.

Of course they will, they're the top end of PC development, let alone console. Crytek and ID are just more talanted then Geurilla on the graphics end.

Slimebeast said:

I've seen them all, u very well know that cause we have debated this many times already. The original street-house 'Taxidermist' demo showing was far more impressive graphically than the latest trailers (backyard level and disco level).

Agreed. Heavy Rain has to be this generations most downgraded game.

I doubt any developer would spend the time and money to make a KZ2-like game on the 360, since that's not what MS is focusing on.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Wow, and the war continues. What a surprise! Guess what? The graphics on my cellphone are better than either console! How do you like them apples? Oh, and the only game worth playing is the one that I play in my head, it's called pin the donkey on the tail feather.
On a more serious note, it's nice to see game devs getting creative to give gamers a better experiance

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

How can people say how Alan Wake looked awesome yet say they are dissapointed with Heavy Rain?
Did you see the Alan Wake E3 footage? It was like Res Evil 5 graphics, great but not what people are making it out to be

Taz! said:
How can people say how Alan Wake looked awesome yet say they are dissapointed with Heavy Rain?
Did you see the Alan Wake E3 footage? It was like Res Evil 5 graphics, great but not what people are making it out to be

I sort of agree. But I think it's because the Alan Wake footage was from night time gameplay. Knowing how superb all the incredible day time screenshots look, and from the E3 trailer seeing that the engine can handle it on the X360 as well, we know the game will look incredible.

But in either case, it's hard for an open world game like Alan Wake to beat a linear, limited freedom, QTE' heavy game like Heavy Rain in the graphics you see from watching a trailer. Almost impossible.

Only when people get their hands on the games or see extended footage will they realize that the overall graphical experience with the sandbox game is greater, when you'll able to take factors like line of sight, viewing angles, camera freedom and stuff into the equation.

It's Splash Damage you idiots, Splash Damage! Not Bethesda! You know, the guys behind Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars (the PC version, not the console versions).

Oh, and sorry, I didn't mean you, I meant the guys who wrote the original article. Actually I haven't even bothered to read this thread, apart from the first post. It just annoys me greatly when people give credit to wrong people.

Also, these pictures aren't that great... But I guess Killzone 2 looked better in motion, too, so we should wait until we see more gameplay. I hear what we've seen so far is gameplay, though, and it's actually running on id Tech 4. Hard to believe, eh?

Zkuq said:
It's Splash Damage you idiots, Splash Damage! Not Bethesda! You know, the guys behind Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars (the PC version, not the console versions).

Oh, and sorry, I didn't mean you, I meant the guys who wrote the original article. Actually I haven't even bothered to read this thread, apart from the first post. It just annoys me greatly when people give credit to wrong people.

Also, these pictures aren't that great... But I guess Killzone 2 looked better in motion, too, so we should wait until we see more gameplay. I hear what we've seen so far is gameplay, though, and it's actually running on id Tech 4. Hard to believe, eh?

Oh no, that damned Tech 4 lol. I am so looking forward to Wolfenstein, but it's a pitty it's made with Tech 4, while Rage is made with Tech 5. :/

I mean Tech 4 when modified with mega textures and stuff to support open areas looks great, but it's getting a lil old by now.

I had hoped SD had moved to a stronger engine for Brink.