By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killzone 2 Quality/Graphics is possible on the X360!!

2005 was the year Sony showed off what everyone thought was impossible and that was KILLZONE 2. That infamous trailer was the most hyped, most discussed, and most impressive representation of visuals ever to grace a console.

Sony said it could be done while competitors consistently doubted the effort until the CG mask was taken off and the gameplay was revealed. Four years later over 2 million copies sold and Killzone 2 lived up to the hype and the visuals were dead on and in some cases exceeded that infamous trailer. Now there’s a new trailer from a game called Brink. Brink was shown behind closed doors at E3’09 and everyone single pair of eyes that witnessed this game were blown away.

Most importantly they were blown away by the fact that the game was running on XBOX360 why? Because it was the first time that Killzone 2 overall quality was displayed on Microsoft’s platform.

Bethesda Software is a very incredible company with some unique development tricks up there sleeve. One trick they used to achieve this level of quality was the way they used their textures. (EXAMPLE)

when you are looking forward you can’t see what’s behind you so why utilize so much power and texturing and overall quality with the things you can’t see on screen, why not show the power when your able to see the power and that’s the secret to the success.

Microsoft even with limited storage through this generation has proven that they can hang with the mighty black behemoth that’s called The Playstation 3. Brink looks to be an amazing game and expect to see more in the upcoming months stay tuned for more details from this heavy hitting title from the company that brought you the 4 plus million sold Fallout 3.

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=10980

Many people have said that Killzone 2 is only possible on the ps3, trying telling the people at Bethesda Software. Their new game Brink is set to display Killzone 2 quality on the Xbox 360, to achieve this level of quality was the way they used their textures. The Xbox 360 is not maxed out Bethesda Software has proven it, EA games should take their statement back.

Sony Leader out

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network

Think Rage & Crysis 2 being announced already confirmed *better than* KZ2 graphics.

Is the game Multiplat, or Exclusive?

When is it set for release?

Alan Wake will probably blow Brink away

wait, just a poor claim from hiphopgamer ???

so KZ2 still superior technically to any 360 games

Time to Work !

Brink? Never heard of it until now.

Around the Network

another excelent joke thread

As a rule I generally don't consider hiphopgamer a reliable source.

I just wish developers would stop trying to one-up each other on graphics and make sure that first they have a good story and solid, enjoyable gameplay.

what is Brink :

PS360PC game

shooter (FPS)

release : spring 2010

preview : just the most promising FPS project of E3
the presentatino was in closed door (that is why there is no hype)

Time to Work !

This topic is on the brink of presumptive stupidity.

*Gazz hopes presumptive is an actual word. I'd look dumber then my post otherwise....

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Most promising FPS project?

More promising than Modern Warfare... Both Halo games?