By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Free Realms BLOWS PAST 3 Million!

mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickball

wow it has done very well then

I just assumed as its free it doing that well was no big deal. But it has done quite well for itself.

Hopefully the PSN release will push it further

Yes, 3 million unique users for ANY online game is beyond amazing. Sometimes, we get jaded due to World of Warcraft being so huge (and it's beyond huge), but attracting 3 million users to anything is incredible.

To compare FR to something in the Console world would probably be to call Free Realms the Gran Turismo of Online games - something that just comes out of the gate, and does monstorously.

I see your point now that it's done well but I wouldn't go that far, at least not yet. Something like Gran Turismo actually makes money on each game sold, whereas we don't know if FR will ever turn a profit.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickball

I just assumed as its free it doing that well was no big deal. But it has done quite well for itself.

Yes, 3 million unique users for ANY online game is beyond amazing. Sometimes, we get jaded due to World of Warcraft being so huge (and it's beyond huge), but attracting 3 million users to anything is incredible.

To compare FR to something in the Console world would probably be to call Free Realms the Gran Turismo of Online games - something that just comes out of the gate, and does monstorously.

yeah we need to really stop comparing every MMO to WOW......its not really fair

I mean thats like comparing every JRPG's sales to Pokemon.....its silly as most/none will ever get that high anyway!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

MrBubbles said:
the number is very deceptive. like sonys other numbers... as it includes everyone who made an account whether or not they continued to use it.

Deceptive? By your definition, the 20 some odd million who are on XBL are deceptive because there are accounts people don't continue to use (for example: me). Or WoW's acclaimed 10 million is deceptive.

i think sony will push this untill it gets fairly large.

and then announce a ps3 bundle with free realms

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I wonder if they're seeing profits from this. It's an interesting experiment (though Project Entropy basically did this first) and if it succeeds, it could be huge.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
does anyone on vgc play free realms?

i have five active accounts now xD

wow thats like a lot. congratulations then!!!.

FilaBrasileiro said:
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickball

I see your point now that it's done well but I wouldn't go that far, at least not yet. Something like Gran Turismo actually makes money on each game sold, whereas we don't know if FR will ever turn a profit.

My point of equating Free Realms with Gran Turismo is that GT is one of the few series that was created by Sony as a new IP that did unfathomably well at launch.

And yes, the revenue model can be questionable, but I work with that kind of model at InstantAction...If Sony uses it properly, it could be great.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Posted after this thread http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76757

Sorry have to do it, make sure not to duplicate threads even if they're not that popular :P

~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000