By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Free Realms BLOWS PAST 3 Million!

mrstickball said:
Fila -

Name one other free gaming website that claims to of garnered 3 million UU's in just over a month. That, my friend, is why it's impressive.

And speaking as the business analyst for a competing site of similar depth (browser based gaming site), 3 million IS VERY impressive.

It's a website? Like a flash website game (obviously it's not a flash game, but you get my question)? That makes it even less impressive, I thought you actually had to download it and stuff.....
As far as your question, I guess plenty of flash games have had 3+million users, we just don't get those numbers.

Around the Network

Still dont quite know what this is all about. So heres two questions for ya...

1. What is this?
2. Can you eat it?

darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickbal

Runescape install base is far larger than Free Realms....

And how long did it take for them to get that many accounts?

At the rate Free Realms is going, it's going to make Runescape look like nothing.

just found out that freerealms.com is worth more then VGC and gets more hits per day.

@montana

& yet another victory for SONY!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

oddly enough my computer can handle runescape and WOW without a problem. Freerealms - constant lag.

Fila - Free Realms is browser base (like a Flash game), but is 3D, and has graphics comparable to a World of Warcraft.

Few flash games, if any, have had that many UU's.

Here's a quick comparason of browser based sites and platforms' rankings on QuantCast, compared to Free Realms:

Pogo.com: 9.0 million US users/mo
IGN.com: 7.1 million US users/mo
Games.Yahoo.com: 3.5 million US users/mo
Newgrounds.com: 2.1 million US users/mo
Kongregate.com: 1.8 million US users/mo
Free Realms: 1.2 million US users/mo
battleon.com: 950,000 US users/mo
Steampowered.com: 588,000 US users/mo
VGChartz.com: 244,000 US users/mo
Nexon.net: 233,000 US users/mo

The point is that Free Realms is ONE game. That's compared to sites like NG, Kogregate, or Pogo that have hundreds or even thousands of games.

So what Free Realms has done - 3 million UU's in a month and a half - is just insane. Remember: Steam claims 15 million users in over a 4 year span, and has 1.5 million concurrent users a day, whilst having a lower US userbase than Free Realms has.

FR isn't the king of gaming, by any means, but it has shown how powerful the browser based market can be.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@mrstickball

wow it has done very well then

I just assumed as its free it doing that well was no big deal. But it has done quite well for itself.

Hopefully the PSN release will push it further

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I guess it's done okay, but can you imagine if WoW was free? There'd be like 30 million UU.

So there's no install involved and you just play it on the web browser? And it's not flash? That's a first I've heard of that, I might try it out now just to see how it is since I've never heard of that before. I'm skeptical as to the quality of the game though since SOE sucks monkey balls.

@darth

Highly unlikely they'll ever release it on PSN, I know they said they would, but I don't see it, it's a browser based game, they'd have to integrate it to the PS3 poor browser and they'll just quietly forget about it, like SE quietly forgot about TLR PS3 and Namco is quietly forgetting about ToV PS3 US....

darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickball

wow it has done very well then

I just assumed as its free it doing that well was no big deal. But it has done quite well for itself.

Hopefully the PSN release will push it further

Yes, 3 million unique users for ANY online game is beyond amazing. Sometimes, we get jaded due to World of Warcraft being so huge (and it's beyond huge), but attracting 3 million users to anything is incredible.

To compare FR to something in the Console world would probably be to call Free Realms the Gran Turismo of Online games - something that just comes out of the gate, and does monstorously.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.