By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Free Realms BLOWS PAST 3 Million!

Raise your hand if you'll be upset when there are more people on Free Realms then WoW, Guild Wars or XBL.

*doesn't raise hand*

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
I wonder what Sony's marketing budget is for Free Realms...Probably something viscious.

Which is crazy.  They barely advertise for many games that *sell for actual money*.

Again, what's the revenue source, here?  Did I miss the in-game ads plastered all over everything....

Squilliam said:
Are these people counted on PSN too?

no...i believe PS version is not out yet...nor does it have an official release date last i saw...

so those numbers are purely PC users

MrBubbles said:
the number is very deceptive. like sonys other numbers... as it includes everyone who made an account whether or not they continued to use it.

No, it's not deceptive at all. 3 million accounts have been made, and Sony stated as such. No deception there.

KLucifer said:
Squilliam said:

no...i believe PS version is not out yet...nor does it have an official release date last i saw...

so those numbers are purely PC users

I am waiting for it to hit the PS3.  It looks better than Home in regards to the scope of activities in the game.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

This game is not on PSN

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
mrstickball said:
I wonder what Sony's marketing budget is for Free Realms...Probably something viscious.

Which is crazy.  They barely advertise for many games that *sell for actual money*.

Again, what's the revenue source, here?  Did I miss the in-game ads plastered all over everything....

micro transactions

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

mrstickball said:

I haven't seen any commercial or ad for it, but then again I don't watch women's or children's tv channels.

Fila -

I've seen quite a few ads on VGC and other websites advertising for FreeRealms, so they are certainly advertising (I don't watch TV, therefore I cannot comment if they do anything there).

3 million UU's may be the most impressive number, ever, even blowing WoW out of the water, or it may be Sony blowing smoke by having a huge marketing budget on CPA's from affilate marketers. Don't get me wrong, 3m is impressive even if there's a $1m/weekly budget on FR, but it's just a question I have.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

You may be right, since I don't pay much attention to website ads.....but what are you talking about blowing WoW out of the water? WoW is something ridiculous like 14 million UU....