By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony 1st party: GOW3 and The last Guardian 1080P at launch

The Last Guardian looks fantastic!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

God of War 3 and Last Guardian 1080p...yeah...I like that!!!

O_o

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Don't care too much for the graphics talk, 1080p is nice for me though since that's what I'm set to right now on my monitor and some 720p games aren't that impressive, but it all looks fine enough to me. I just won't some release date info....

This year I should be good with Golden Sun DS, SoulSilver, Demon's Souls and a few others I can't think of right now.

4 ≈ One

Everything about The Last Guardian screams M-A-S-T-E-R-P-I-E-C-E. I downloaded the trailer, and it's stunningly good - motion capture, feathers, character expressions, gorgeous Blu-Ray-charged textures. As much as I'd like to play it, I'd rather that the team take whatever amount of time they need to perfect the game.

Around the Network
SlorgNet said:
Everything about The Last Guardian screams M-A-S-T-E-R-P-I-E-C-E. I downloaded the trailer, and it's stunningly good - motion capture, feathers, character expressions, gorgeous Blu-Ray-charged textures. As much as I'd like to play it, I'd rather that the team take whatever amount of time they need to perfect the game.

where did you download the trailer??? on PSN???

Magnific0 said:
Staude said:
musashibra said:
@nen-suer
me too

Is there any game that runs at 1080p right now?

GT5:Prologue (someones gonna say it's not true 1080p but whatever)

Wipeout HD

some psn games.. Wipeout is also a psn game but it's wipeout so it gets it's own category :p

I dunno what else.

http://ps3wiki.qj.net/index.php/List_of_1080p_Games

Here's a list of games running NATIVE 1080p (take note, there are some which can be UPSCALED to 1080p like also some 360 games too. In this list only those running natively at 1080p are included) I don't know if it's been updated in a while...

Notable games: MGS4, GT5:Prologue (also running at/close to 60fps most of the time), Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Ratchet & Clank: Quest for booty (although a PSN game is just as the Blu-ray game Tools of Destruction which runs at 720p, makes you wonder if "A Crack in Time" will be native 1080p, hmmm).

Oblivion didn't even upscale to 1080p, so I doubt the crebility of that list.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I don't think 1080p is meant for this game . God Of War 3 seems to do a good job of it but I would have rather had a larger scale game with a lower resolution.

Wow! at the last Guardian. Team ICO will never disappoint.
That with great gameplay. Pretty excited for Last guardian.

@Xxain I don't think the Last Guardian trailer was all in game , it couldn't be.

I think there's definetley a mix of in-game and CGI goin on here.

edit : I think this is actualy in-game , if so this is crazy !.