By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony 1st party: GOW3 and The last Guardian 1080P at launch

Torillian said:
Slimebeast said:
The Last Guardian looks so beautiful. But I'm afraid it will be very linear, just because Ico are so eager to tell their story to the player.

But so were Ico and SotC.  If you're looking for a WRPG or open world game you're of course going to be dissapointed.

Well, of course I cant expect anything near open world. But Im thinking... isnt there at least some freedom in SotC compared to ICO?

(In SotC, can you explore with the horse, like go off path anything? Or go back and forth between the monster sites? Can u go to the monsters in free order or is all of them in a set order?)

Around the Network

They are all in a set order, and yeah you can freely explore, but you could do the same in Ico. The only difference in that respect I can think of is that in SotC you could retry whatever colossi you wanted in whatever order and trying for faster times.

Million said:

@Xxain I don't think the Last Guardian trailer was all in game , it couldn't be.

I think there's definetley a mix of in-game and CGI goin on here.

edit : I think this is actualy in-game , if so this is crazy !.

It's atleast in engine. I say this because we've seen 2 versions of last guardian trailer. One with improved visuals (the one actually named last guardian) .. they wouldn't make the same cgi trailer twice, one with some improved visuals.

After coming to that conclusion I realised that this game is one of the most insanely good looking games ever made. if the ingame is represented by the same quality ofvisuals.

I really thought it was cgi the first time i saw it.

Check out my game about moles ^

CGI-Quality said:
Xxain said:
^ yes all of it...and LAST GAURDIAN WILL BE #1 GAME OF THE GEN!!!!

lol......I beg to differ

mwuhahahahahahaha.............

Sorry.. I gotta say that last guardian beats heavy rain :p by a mile. Fuck it. Last guardian beats crysis. Yes i said it.

Check out my game about moles ^

Can someone plz link to the best quality video of the Last Guardian trailer possible?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Can someone plz link to the best quality video of the Last Guardian trailer possible?

http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_11284_en.html

the only thing better than that is the PSN HD trailer

nice, but that guardian game looks like the most retarted shit ever, gow3 and gt5 will rock.

I think we got a bunch of alts:

TowlieFTW
MoneyFTW
I forgot the third one

CGI-Quality said:
Staude said:
CGI-Quality said:
Xxain said:

lol......I beg to differ

Sorry.. I gotta say that last guardian beats heavy rain :p by a mile. Fuck it. Last guardian beats crysis. Yes i said it.

Now you violated...............

* man the torpedoes *

Hmmm, an original adventure involving a small child and a massive creature in a variety of different environments, with many different gameplay options and problem solutions, versus the choose an object and watch a quicktime event filled cutscene for 20 minutes.

Tough choice.

Also, Heavy Rain's graphics were pretty pathetic. I mean, CoD4 looked better than that.

The sad thing is that I actually used to be excited for this game...until that E3 trailer. Looked interesting for the first 30 seconds, where the game actually let you control the character, then quicktime events for 15 minutes.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

CGI-Quality said:
Kantor said:
CGI-Quality said:
Staude said:
CGI-Quality said:
Xxain said:

lol......I beg to differ

Now you violated...............

* man the torpedoes *

Hmmm, an original adventure involving a small child and a massive creature in a variety of different environments, with many different gameplay options and problem solutions, versus the choose an object and watch a quicktime event filled cutscene for 20 minutes.

Tough choice.

Also, Heavy Rain's graphics were pretty pathetic. I mean, CoD4 looked better than that.

The sad thing is that I actually used to be excited for this game...until that E3 trailer. Looked interesting for the first 30 seconds, where the game actually let you control the character, then quicktime events for 15 minutes.

HEAVY RAIN's graphics were far from pathetic. I understand you may have lost interest in it, but the PSN HEAVY RAIN trailer looks great. I don't know what you're talking about.

Beyond that, my posts were a joke, sarcasm is not your strong point it seems.

Not your strong point, either- my post was a joke, too

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective