By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

First: European and American IQ test are different. If an American person has an IQ of 140 it is about 120 in Europe.

Mine is about 140, that´s 170 in the US I think... +/- 3 or so.

Oh and those guys from MENSA are truly scary. Some of them seem to have forgotten reality.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Yeah... IQ tests are pretty meanigless. I know this as I have degree in psychology.

A better test of IQ is to see when people score high enough to get into Mensa whether or not they pay money for no reason.

Also asking someone their IQ tends to be a somewhat pointless endevor, though it can be amusing when people post IQs that arn't even possible or scores that have just never been scored.

The biggest problem I have with IQ however is that it changes with age. Every year you get older there is a good chance you'll lose an IQ point or two. Your no less dumb, but it's still the case.

For example it's EXTREMELY easy to score very high as a child. I mean being under about 16 and scoring in the 120 and above percentiles is ridiculiously easy because they don't expect you to do much.

For example when I was in kintergarden i could read, add, subtract, and multiply, (long division I didn't learn.) Back then in kintergarden we were being taught the letters. This however doesn't really effect me or my IQ today.

Another problem is just that IQ tests rely heavily on "Tricks". Learn the tricks and it's easy.

Yeah, some of those Issues are clearly true.

Those "real" official IQ tests are damn expensive but I had the option to make a test for free once.

Is it easy for children? Usually gifted children have an IQ that´s higher than the IQ of 98% of the other children so it should be hard.

Did you know it is a sign of high IQ when you cry when you are in the kindergarten? Didn´t know that before I made this funny test. And yes I cried (but I rather thought it would mean I´m pretty silly...well) 

I would love to say mine is 180 but nah... im not, well duh. I dunno what my IQ is though, where do you check that?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Andrew said:
Once my teacher gave me a test because they thought I was mentally retarded or something, after the test they bumped me up a year. They never did tell me how high I scored though

I had a similar thing happen to me in first grade.  They had basically put me in the "slow reader" group because I wasn't paying attention in class and my parents knew (because they had tought me how to read) that I could read very well at that point already.  So they told my teacher (I believe was Mrs Scarborough) to test me and like 3 tests later I was being sent to the 3rd grade class twice a week for reading lessons =P

Apparently I was just very bored and like every bored kid..your mind wanders. It wouldn't surprise me if with the larger class sizes there are a large number of people who get lumped in as "slow" or "below average" just because they are bored because they are ready for new material.  Then as they go through school because the teachers and parents have already classified them as slow or below average they don't try as hard to really be a good student because they don't feel like they have to maintain a "smart" image.

I really think we need to get over the social stigmas of holding kids back and make sure they know their basics before they move on.  It may be a disservice for the kid at the time, but as he gets into college or the workforce and his existing education is built on a shaky foundation to begin with he will suffer far more in the long term than the short.  Not to mention the good incentive provided for the kids to keep up with their friends. 

But anyways I am way off topic now so I will stop before I rant any more lol...suffice it to say I'm not impressed with our education system. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

It always amazes me that members of Mensa actually pay a fee to be told how intelligent they are....which is pretty stupid and makes me instantly question how intelligent they really are!!

Around the Network

I've never taken aproper IQ test... (on the internet ones the lowest I have gotten is 140)
I did take the advanced raven test for patron recognition and scored really high.
I'm very good at arthmetics and calculations with my mind (not using a calculator or paper and pencil).
I got 1421 points in the SAT and graduated with honors from Monterrey Tech.
I also think I'm good with languages...
I'm not what you would call a genius in one area, but what would be a jack of all trades, I have very good skills for almost anything I like/Want, but i'm not the best at many things (best second place ever? haha)

Sqrl said:
Andrew said:
Once my teacher gave me a test because they thought I was mentally retarded or something, after the test they bumped me up a year. They never did tell me how high I scored though

I had a similar thing happen to me in first grade.  They had basically put me in the "slow reader" group because I wasn't paying attention in class and my parents knew (because they had tought me how to read) that I could read very well at that point already.  So they told my teacher (I believe was Mrs Scarborough) to test me and like 3 tests later I was being sent to the 3rd grade class twice a week for reading lessons =P

Apparently I was just very bored and like every bored kid..your mind wanders. It wouldn't surprise me if with the larger class sizes there are a large number of people who get lumped in as "slow" or "below average" just because they are bored because they are ready for new material.  Then as they go through school because the teachers and parents have already classified them as slow or below average they don't try as hard to really be a good student because they don't feel like they have to maintain a "smart" image.

I really think we need to get over the social stigmas of holding kids back and make sure they know their basics before they move on.  It may be a disservice for the kid at the time, but as he gets into college or the workforce and his existing education is built on a shaky foundation to begin with he will suffer far more in the long term than the short.  Not to mention the good incentive provided for the kids to keep up with their friends. 

But anyways I am way off topic now so I will stop before I rant any more lol...suffice it to say I'm not impressed with our education system. 

I actually got held back in Kintergarden because I wasn't paying attention and disruptive.  Granted i wasn't paying attention because we were learning "D is for Dog" when I already knew how to read and could do math... reminds me of how "stupid" I was in gradeschool.  I'd intentionally miss math problems because i didn't want to get 100%'s because i didn't want the stars and i didn't want to stand out.  I wanted to be right in the middle group.

What's past is past though.  If it wasn't for that my life wouldn't of went down the path it had and this is a path that I greatly enjoy.

I dunno my IQ, Id guess its probably worryingly low, (like branson) which is fine by me. My mommy says im special and I believe her. Besides, I have a huge penis.

I dunno, never really cared to know... dared to know...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Wolfenstein said:
I tested for some months ago and then I had 126 here in Norway avrage is 102 so I got quite happy about it.

PS: It is many diffrent IQ countings and that some has huge gaps

Average is always 100, thats the way IQ is defined. Other things differ with different methods, so a IQ of 130 can mean different things with different methods. But 100 always mean average.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]