By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your IQ?

I used different tests and had anything between 85 and 145. But I also made a standardized test and had an IQ of 135, enough to become member of Mensa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensa_International Anyways, membership in the Mensa has no real advantages. And the high IQ does not help me in any way in my normal life. And I suck at playing games, I'm not able to solve every riddle on myself in an adventure without using a walkthrough. So dont overestimate the importance of IQ-Tests.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Wolfenstein said:
I tested for some months ago and then I had 126 here in Norway avrage is 102 so I got quite happy about it.

PS: It is many diffrent IQ countings and that some has huge gaps

Average is always 100, thats the way IQ is defined. Other things differ with different methods, so a IQ of 130 can mean different things with different methods. But 100 always mean average.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. For what definition does 100 equal the average IQ of every possible subgroup of people? If I go into a Nobel Prize winners meeting, should I expect that their average IQ is 100?

I know what you mean but my point is that I never saw a definition which causes the average IQ of a country 's population to be necessarily 100. If I am wrong, please point me to an appropriate definition which implies that.

And what this thread teaches us is that most IQ tests give too high marks (maybe to make people feel well?)... Unless you guys are willing to consider that vgchartz is, as another poster said, a "cluster of geniuses"

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Mnementh said:
Wolfenstein said:
I tested for some months ago and then I had 126 here in Norway avrage is 102 so I got quite happy about it.

Average is always 100, thats the way IQ is defined. Other things differ with different methods, so a IQ of 130 can mean different things with different methods. But 100 always mean average.

Sorry if that is the case but I did only state that my teacher said when I asked whats avrage. Either way it's good to hear people saying that your smart.  

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

wow...looks out nasa Vg is forming their own think tank here

I have never been tested for IQ--infact the only major test i have ever taken was ACT--i got a 31 b/c i stoped halfway thru one section and didnt tak the last part--(stupid kid) b/c i didnt think i was going to college and didnt feel like taking it all the way

Mnementh said:
Wolfenstein said:

Does anyone know why 100 is considered average or where it came from?  In the beginning, God created... Wait, wrong story...

Mental Age

100X  --------------

Chronological Age

Therefore if your brain was mentally "ahead" of your chronological years, you would be over 100...  This has obviously been refined over the years -- see WAIS theory, but that is the gist...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Mnementh said:
Wolfenstein said:

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. For what definition does 100 equal the average IQ of every possible subgroup of people? If I go into a Nobel Prize winners meeting, should I expect that their average IQ is 100?

I know what you mean but my point is that I never saw a definition which causes the average IQ of a country 's population to be necessarily 100. If I am wrong, please point me to an appropriate definition which implies that.

And what this thread teaches us is that most IQ tests give too high marks (maybe to make people feel well?)... Unless you guys are willing to consider that vgchartz is, as another poster said, a "cluster of geniuses"

OK, you're right, a dinner of nobel-prize-winners may have a different average IQ. The standardized tests to calculate the IQ will be readjusted from time to time to match the criteria, that the population of a country has IQs that form a Gaussian bell curve centered around 100. To cite Wikipedia: 'When standardizing an IQ test, a representative sample of the population is tested using each test question. IQ tests are calibrated in such a way as to yield a normal distribution, or "bell curve".' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient#How_an_IQ_test_works

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

At birth I scored an 8 on the APGAR test. So -- don't feel like you *must* praise me.

I never took an official one. I heard better indicators only occur if you take it before a certain age (young age). Not sure where this topic is leading.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

151 when I was a freshman in HS (about a year or two before the VG industry crash) 141 on tickle.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

I did a mensa test that proved me 2 be 137...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man