By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Rath said:
On tickle I got 154 I think but that really doesnt mean much, I don't really trust online tests.

I got a 158 on Tickle.  That would put us in the top .1% of the nation, I think. :P

Around the Network
kn said:

People's *stated* IQ is a lot like guys stated number of "scores" with women. In reality, it's much, much lower.

IQ distribution:

So basically, pretty much everyone on this site is apparently in the 98th or better percentile. Yeah right... Again, as I stated above, online IQ tests are worthless. Unless you have been tested properly and by a truly standardized and accepted test, you don't know your real IQ. Tickle is fun, though. I took the test and did very well but I also know that it is complete BS.

Glad somebody said this part, but even more unless you have been tested in the last year it means nothing. 

For example, when I was in 7th grade they did a bunch of standardized tests like they do at every school.  After the test they asked me to pay for and take an ACT exam.  About 2 months later I went to the High School I would eventually go to and took the ACT with a room full of Seniors taking it for College.  I scored a 28, in 7th grade.  I have no clue if I would score that well, worse, or better now. But I know they should have made me retake the test when I was a senior...

In any case they let me keep the 28 and I never took the test as a senior.  Actually I skipped my senior year entirely and went to the local community college instead.  I got dual credit (aka High School credit & college credit for my classes).  The year after graduation I finished my associates and transfered in to a better university and have been working on my Bachelors in Computer Science which I should be finishing soon, then I plan to settle on an engineering field and hit the books one more time.  In the mean time I will probably look for internships at local defense contractors and the like. 

Aah yes, I hope to make cool toys for a living...so that I can fund my video game habit and buy other cool toys....somehow I think there is a pattern there =)  Or as my Mom has always said, "Men are just little boys with long hairy legs." or "Men are boys with bigger toys." but I don't think either of those are hers orginally =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

128 when I was like 4. Never bothered to test again.

kn said:

People's *stated* IQ is a lot like guys stated number of "scores" with women. In reality, it's much, much lower.

IQ distribution:

So basically, pretty much everyone on this site is apparently in the 98th or better percentile. Yeah right... Again, as I stated above, online IQ tests are worthless. Unless you have been tested properly and by a truly standardized and accepted test, you don't know your real IQ. Tickle is fun, though. I took the test and did very well but I also know that it is complete BS.

Well, I did get a 207 (98%) on the PSAT, which means I was smarter than 98% of college-bound juniors at the time.  :P 

IQ tests are basically complete BS. I've had varied results depending on what test I took, one of them giving me a 158, which puts me in the top .009% of the world, according to Wikipedia. Am I really that smart? Hell no.

Around the Network

Well I certainly haven't been tested within a year. Last time I was tested was Sophomore year of high school... so more than 4 years ago.

I did once a test on MENSA site and didn't pass... I don't remember the exact score but I do know I needed few more points to be considered by them as smart... Oh well being an average Joe isn't that bad. ;)

Once my teacher gave me a test because they thought I was mentally retarded or something, after the test they bumped me up a year. They never did tell me how high I scored though

wow my eyes are bleeding after seeing all of that! IQ scores over 130 make you eligible for MENSA. IQ's under 80 make you mildly mentally retarded and eligible for the special olympics. IQ's under 60 qualify you for a mentally retarded classroom in school. (at least in Texas anyways.) one of the posters said only 4% of the population has an IQ over 130 and that is about right. 100 is the average but that varies on certain factors. if you are interested in this i suggest the book The Bell Curve. it was controversial, but interesting! It is just a compliation of IQ scores, but they break it down based on gender, race, etc.. I don't think the internet IQ scores are very accurate. Howard Garnder (Harvard) has a theory of mulitiple intelligences. He states that there are 11 different areas of intelligence and some of us are very strong in some and not others.(and some are weak in all areas) I think that is more in line with reality.

@ripper - Agreed. I think there are various forms of intelligence. It's evidenced in the way some people are freakin brilliant at math but can't write a book report to save their lives. Me, I can do both. Simultaneously. While chewing gum.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.