By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - F*&*%!!!! I think my wii is breaking!!!

^^ Um...OK

Nintendo has replaced 2 of my Wiimotes free of charge. I didn't even have to pay for shipping.

kn got a replacement system in less than a week and wasn't charged for it.

They're fixing (or refurbishing) systems pretty quickly, unless "anytime soon" means 10 minutes or less.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
yeah, it is showing up in the main menu now as well. So i am sure its the wii. Later, when I get home from work i will call Nintendo. Hopefully I can do the "advanced exchange". However, only if I can re-download my vc content. Otherwise i may be out a Wii for a little while.

Nintendo keeps the record of VC games you bought separate from your system. In essence, you purchased unlimited downloads of VC games. So even if they send a blank one you can download them back for free.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

couchmonkey said:
I think Nintendo's reliability has gone downhill a bit this generation, and with the ridiculous sales, they probably won't get around to fixing it up anytime soon.

Uh, while it may be true that Wiis are breaking more than Gamecubes did, it's still a very low number.  And Nintendo's great with replacing and fixing things.  Even if it's out of warranty, I don't think it costs much to get something fixed.

And there's already some differences in quality when you compare Wiimotes from November to Wiimotes in stores now...a lot of launch units were just stupid sometimes.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I heard that you can redownload for free all the VC games that you have bought before. So that shouldn't be a problem! What about savegames though?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I heard of this happening from the Wiiconnect 24/7. How or why this would cause it to overheat is unclear to me. I have had mine on since last Christmas and it barely feels warm. Call Nintendo and get it straightened out.

Around the Network

yeah i had a wii mote that refused to sync from launch and nintendo spent an hour on the phone helping me trouble shoot it then sent me a replacement---all free of charge--so yeah they sure are going down hill Mr couch

Well, the only saved games I would care about right now would be RE4. I have not started MP3, and I sold zelda, godfather, excite truck. Wii sports/play, meh, I could easily lose the data and start over. My vc games mostly don't matter as far as saved data go.

I think I will go buy a sd card and copy the data over and then put it back on the new one. Is that possible?

Yeah, this is clearly the CPU.

It is rumored it happens because of Wii connect 24. If you let the console working in 24 mode and don´t play for a long while it can overheat.

So, if you don´t need to be connected better turn it of in the night...

I have heard that before. I will ask about that when I call.

Louie said:
Yeah, this is clearly the CPU.

It is rumored it happens because of Wii connect 24. If you let the console working in 24 mode and don´t play for a long while it can overheat.

So, if you don´t need to be connected better turn it of in the night...

People keep saying this, but I want to be absolutely clear: There is ZERO EVIDENCE that WiiConnect24 "causes" this problem, and there is no good argument for it either. The sparkly colored dots are caused by graphics memory errors. Some Wiis have defective graphics memory, most don't. It's that simple.