By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - F*&*%!!!! I think my wii is breaking!!!

superchunk said:
^ I get it also on the main menu near the 'am' or 'pm' in the clock and about a little further to the left of the clock. Basically series of dots in vertical lines. It's only more apparent in dark games like RE4.

On a side note I finally called Nintendo today, they are shipping me a label to mail it to them. They said the only way to keep all of your data is to send it to them and it will take about 2 weeks total time.
hmmm this is a bit of a worry. I just ordered a WiiKey and if I install it it's going to void my warranty. Won't be happy if stuff like that starts showing up afterwards...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Ok, so I mailed my Wii off last Friday and it got to Nintendo's fix it shop in CA this morning.

So Far 5 days with no Wii.

Wow. Just got an email and my wii is on its way back to me already. ups says expected delivery tomorrow.

6 days of no Wii.

1 day, huh? They must have sent you a refurbished model.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

@chadius, yeah probably. Either way, as long as they copied all of my data over I am a happy guy.

Around the Network

ok, Wii is back, YEAH!!!

It was not a refurb. They actually fixed my unit, I could tell due to a particular mark I had on it.

It had all of my saved game content, but none of the channels. It was also still on the 2.0OS. So I had to upgrade to 3.1 and then redownload all of the channels.

Other than that it is perfect and I was only out a wii for 5 days!!

superchunk said:
ok, Wii is back, YEAH!!!

It was not a refurb. They actually fixed my unit, I could tell due to a particular mark I had on it.

It had all of my saved game content, but none of the channels. It was also still on the 2.0OS. So I had to upgrade to 3.1 and then redownload all of the channels.

Other than that it is perfect and I was only out a wii for 5 days!!

Video artifacts started showing up on my Wii this week. I already filed for the return on  Ninty's Web site, and received confirmation that a UPS label is on its way to me.

Couple of questions:

1. Did you ever get any information back from the Nintendo reps acknowledging what causes the problem?

2. Anybody else do a return and get their same Wii back and not a refurb? Yours is the first I've heard of this.

If I had my druthers, I'd prefer to get my own Wii back too knowing it's been cared for. I'd even wait extra time for it. 

superchunk if you don't mind I just wanted to ask a question about my wii without starting a new thread. Our internet connection is not working. We have tried in several different houses with wireless. It picks up the signal, but doesn't connect. It originally did, so we are wondering why it would just stop working. Has this happened to anyone and should we be looking to get it fixed? Is it really the wii?

Happy to see that Nintendo is doing pretty well with problems though. Always a good sign for a company that cares.

Emmitt2222 said:
superchunk if you don't mind I just wanted to ask a question about my wii without starting a new thread. Our internet connection is not working. We have tried in several different houses with wireless. It picks up the signal, but doesn't connect. It originally did, so we are wondering why it would just stop working. Has this happened to anyone and should we be looking to get it fixed? Is it really the wii?

Happy to see that Nintendo is doing pretty well with problems though. Always a good sign for a company that cares.

I presume you have tried deleting the Wii wireless configuration settings and starting from scratch.

Never had any problems with the Wii and the wireless connection and compared to the Xbxo360 wireless adaptor it's range is much better!