By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - F*&*%!!!! I think my wii is breaking!!!

i know--i keep my 24 running all the time---but i also leae my wii in standby out in the open air--havent had any trouble yet---you would think that more fanboys from the other systems would be here claiming the fall of the wii---huh go figure

Around the Network
Ishy said:
you can't put saves from 1 wii sd to another, send ur sd off with your wii and maybe they'll transfer it for you I suppose, or at least make ur SD card usable with the new wii because they are locked to work with the 1st wii they are slotted into...

THAT IS NOT TRUE!!! My girlfriend and I share saves all the times. I have had my wii replaced and used my saves from the previous Wii. I have also taken those same saves and tranferred them to my girlfriends wii. What's more, you can go to WIISAVE.com and download completed games as well. Just back up all of your saved games on a SD card. You will be fine.

There are a few games that won't let you copy the saved game to an SD card.  Elebits is the only one I have run into like that. 

I woke up a couple days ago, tried to fire up my Wii, and nothing happened. No green light, no red light. No nothing. A cold chill ran down my spine. I dug out the reciept, and wanted to take it back, but I bought enough VC games to go half on a PS3. Luckily, according to the manual, all I had to do was reset the AC adapter, and stop using my 3rd party component cables.

Yeah, I will try replacing my 3rd party component cables as well. Maybe those are the issue and not the gpu. I will also get a SD card and backup all of my game saves.

Around the Network

good luk super

Superchunk, does it look like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6RZu-2vBoLc

Yep. I saw that same video when I was researching the issue.

Yeah, that's not a problem with your cables, it's the graphics memory. I actually have the same problem, I've been waiting to send it off for warranty repairs until I'm done with Corruption.

thats what I was assuming. I will finish the last two bonus' in RE4 then ship off. Start Corruption when I get the new one back.