By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - F*&*%!!!! I think my wii is breaking!!!

I know you can transfer save data onto your SD cards. I'm not sure if there is a per-system keying of the data. I'd assume the data can be uploaded to any Wii, but...well, never tried.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

I will make sure i am done with RE4 before i do this and I won't start MP3 yet. Has anyone tried to copy a saved game to memory and taken it to a friends house? I may have to try that.

However, I have done a little research on the ole internet and the advance replacement policy will cause you to lose all vc content. So... no thank you. I will have to mail it in.

you can't put saves from 1 wii sd to another, send ur sd off with your wii and maybe they'll transfer it for you I suppose, or at least make ur SD card usable with the new wii because they are locked to work with the 1st wii they are slotted into...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Well, did a lot of reading and the standby mode heat issue does make a lot of sense. I have noticed that my wii seems warm when I go to get the wiimote to play.

Now, i have mine in a ent center, eclosed on all sides. then I open the glass door to get the controllers and play. There have been times it seemed a little too warm. On top of that until last night i had not played in a week. I was gone all weekend for a friends wedding and just had no time to get my wii on.

Tonight i will grill the Nintendo rep about this.

WiiConnect24 is completely useless right now anyway so there's no reason to have it on in the first place.

Around the Network

Didn't you have a problem with your Wii before, and you had to have it sent out for repairs?

Ishy said:
you can't put saves from 1 wii sd to another, send ur sd off with your wii and maybe they'll transfer it for you I suppose, or at least make ur SD card usable with the new wii because they are locked to work with the 1st wii they are slotted into...

That makes no sense, now I am gonna have to test this for myself =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
Arcturus said:
Didn't you have a problem with your Wii before, and you had to have it sent out for repairs?

Nope. Other users on this site have, but, not me.

DKII said:
WiiConnect24 is completely useless right now anyway so there's no reason to have it on in the first place.

Plenty of the channels use it. 

superchunk said:
Arcturus said:

Nope. Other users on this site have, but, not me.

My mistake. I remember someone on this site documenting their Wii's repair trek in their signature.