By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - F*&*%!!!! I think my wii is breaking!!!

It hurts when i pee...lol jk. 

So, last night I was finishing up Ada's missions on RE4 and noticed all of these odd colors on the screen. basically on most dark scenes I could see red, blue, and green pixels. I stopped and was all like 'F$#$ YOU!!!' Now, I think I need to call Nintendo to get it replaced.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Seriously, I have had every Nintendo console, maxed out on controls, including zapper, NES advantage, the 4 player addon for SNES, and have never purchased a 3rd party addon. Always the Nintendo one. This the first time anything has broken. Oh well, I gues once in the 22 years I have been playing Nintendo products isn't that bad.

Around the Network

your wii gpu has overheated... ring nintendo and they'll sort you out free of charge...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Call and do the "advanced exchange" option. It's what I did... I had a new (refurbished) console in hand within 4 or 5 days. It had all the necessary stuff to send it back which I did promptly. They emailed me several times during the process including an email to tell me they had received my defective unit back and would not be charging my credit card... Piece of cake and you can still play until you get a new one, assuming you can stand it.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

You might want to try and isolate the issue. It would suck to send your Wii off to repairs and later learn that you had a bad cable/display/game disc. Have you seen these bad pixels in any other game?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well, just do what I did, if you can, I just drive to Nintendo Canada, which was located at around 20 minutes away and get my Wii replaced. If not, just send it to get exchanged or repaired, you shouldn't lose any data. But, yeah, try some other games with 3D graphics and take a very close look at how it shows up in game.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

Well I've heard the problem occurs because of RE4 with a few random people.

But that doesn't mean his Wii is not broken...it is. I'm quite certain his GPU overheated.

kn, with that "advanced exchange" process, do you lose your VC games?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Ishy said:
your wii gpu has overheated... ring nintendo and they'll sort you out free of charge...

2nded... or 3rded... whatever.

I am pretty sure I first created this topic back in... don't remember...

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

yeah, it is showing up in the main menu now as well. So i am sure its the wii. Later, when I get home from work i will call Nintendo. Hopefully I can do the "advanced exchange". However, only if I can re-download my vc content. Otherwise i may be out a Wii for a little while.

I think Nintendo's reliability has gone downhill a bit this generation, and with the ridiculous sales, they probably won't get around to fixing it up anytime soon.