By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP GO is a MISTAKE! (have SONY not learnt anything)!!

Strategyking92 said:
And still some people seem to be under the delusion that it's NOT a huge mistake.

Everything is wrong about it.
It was funny to see the positive reactions to it though. Jeez.....

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3806
"How do you make the next revision worse?
1. Give it less features than the previous model
2. make the screen smaller
3. make it cost 1.5 times more (2x if you buy a used 1000-2000)
4. make it ugly as sin
5. make sure that less than 25% of the systems games will work on it (talking about the only 100 games being available at launch compared to the current psp library)

SONY, YOU DID A BANG UP JOB THIS TIME."

Honestly, the problem with it is price. The smaller screen shouldn't affect games (unless Sony just completely fails at life), saying that it's ugly is just your opinion; I happen to think it looks pretty good, and I do believe that Sony said all games will be availible on the PSN.

As for the less features comment, the lack of a UMD is nice since there's a good chance it will extend battery life, there's no need for a camera, touch screen, second analogue stick on THIS model since it is NOT a PSP2. They would be forcing everyone to upgrade by including these features for the GO and making games that utilize these features. This is NOT a successor to the PSP.

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
And still some people seem to be under the delusion that it's NOT a huge mistake.

Everything is wrong about it.
It was funny to see the positive reactions to it though. Jeez.....

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3806
"How do you make the next revision worse?
1. Give it less features than the previous model
2. make the screen smaller
3. make it cost 1.5 times more (2x if you buy a used 1000-2000)
4. make it ugly as sin
5. make sure that less than 25% of the systems games will work on it (talking about the only 100 games being available at launch compared to the current psp library)

SONY, YOU DID A BANG UP JOB THIS TIME."

Same number of features:

-1 screen is smaller
-1 No UMD (though I consider this a plus)

+1 Longer battery life
+1 16GB of internal space, and you still have a memory stick slot

It being ugly is just your opinion, others thing its the greatest looking PSP yet.  Pretty sure its been said they want every game available, not 25%.  It will cost the same as when the thing first came out.  Seems perfectly reasonable considering their completely new distribution model and better tech.  Its got a screen in my view better than the PSP3k, so of course the screen will cost equal or more than the larger screen.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Smaller screen is the wrong direction. It's like you're paying $100 more for a downgrade...

UMD gone is good and all but WTF, put SD or microSD slot so people that actually have many games can put them on whatever they want instead of limiting to 16GB. What happens if people want to store videos and music too?

They do have a SD slot.

I agree. «They should just cancel it and do a do over»

Around the Network

The price defntly isnt right.. I mean theyr saving on LCD screen size, its lighter to make and it doesnt come with a UMD drive.. if anything this shd be priced nothing above $199.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I'm not very impressed with PSP GO. I don't like the fact that the screen size is smaller than the current PSP. Also, I enjoy collecting games, and by making them download only they remove some of the fun of owning games for me.

FilaBrasileiro said:

Only 4 things wrong with the PSP GO, in term of the most wrong to the least:

1) Still no touchscreen when everyone else is

2) Still 802.11b when everyone else is g

3) 250 bucks

4) No camera, they have a cool new game now that uses this camera, and they didn't include it with the PSP GO

I'll wait for the PSP GO 2000

Really? That is rediculous.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

This thread is so full of fail. So much moaning about the PSP which has got absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

At the end of the day, nomatter how much you like the new PSP...It is not mistake. It looks very very probable to make Sony money and is very likely to have good profit margins. Even if it only sells 2M units in it's lifetime and Sony make money on each unit sold, then thats more profit than they will likely ever make on the PS3 (if they make a profit at all which seems unlikely)

For all the people saying they want to collect their games: The PSP Go! is not for you, and Sony realizes that not everyone want to go DD only, which is why you still have the PSP 3000 on the market.