By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP GO is a MISTAKE! (have SONY not learnt anything)!!

kber81 said:

First of all - PSP GO costs ~ 250$ simply because Sony want to make some money on early adopters. I'm entirely sure PSP GO is cheaper to develop than PSP Lite

- smaller display /3,8" in place of 4,3"/

- smaller and simpler casing

- no UMD

- with smaller energy consumption there is the space to use smaller battery capacity and keep current performace

- shorter production line

They have added

-bluetooth

-M2 port

PSP GO will cost as many as standard PSP soon. Maybe even before Christmas. Mark my words. This is a price for a special group of costumers.

Thank goodness I am not special. Sony better watch out though. Apple tried to do the same thing with the IPhone. Early adopters were mad enough than they had to issue some rebates.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
Strategyking92 said:
And still some people seem to be under the delusion that it's NOT a huge mistake.

Everything is wrong about it.
It was funny to see the positive reactions to it though. Jeez.....

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3806
"How do you make the next revision worse?
1. Give it less features than the previous model
2. make the screen smaller
3. make it cost 1.5 times more (2x if you buy a used 1000-2000)
4. make it ugly as sin
5. make sure that less than 25% of the systems games will work on it (talking about the only 100 games being available at launch compared to the current psp library)

SONY, YOU DID A BANG UP JOB THIS TIME."

1. No need to call people delusional if they like something different than you.

2. Out of curiousity what features is the PSP Go! missing?

3. Why would you even compare a new model to a used model? Thats pretty stupid.

4. Im pretty sure he said all games will be availble.

1. I am a psp fan, and if you still like the go! even though it has eveything wrong with it.. Well, I cannot help but think other wise. Hard a good hard look at my reasonings, will you?

2. UMD drive..... And That's.... HUGE.

3. Because used models are even cheaper. But fine, you can get a psp 2000-3000 new for 170$.... Okay guy, let's add it up just for funzies!!!!!

Psp-170$

8 gigabyte memory stick-30$

50$ left for up to 10 UMD games

total: under 250$

But now, let's shop for an even better deal!

used psp 3000 bundle-160$ (includes game, movie, 1 gb card also)

8 gigabyte card- 30$

20$ psp store card

40$ left for games

4. No, and this is 50% of my main beef with the go!. He said 100 new and old games (meaning over 50% will be ps1 games) will be available by launch. That's not bad, but when you consider the fact that there have been 429+ games released for the psp on umd, it's bullshit. Complete... bullshit... They are looking for a solution, yes, but I don't think they will find one (like their solution for pirating, lol). And also, to clear up what CACTUS SAID.... Sony said they WANT every game available. That is still wishful thinking at best.

If there is anything I haven't adressed about this downgrade... Tell me, so we can argue more.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

No UMD drive is fine.... you can download the songs and videos and games on to the HDD... how is taking it out taking out a feature?

JEDE3 said:
No UMD drive is fine.... you can download the songs and videos and games on to the HDD... how is taking it out taking out a feature?

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PLAY YOUR PAST UMD COLLECTION ON IT! hESUS CHRIST!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
JEDE3 said:

Oh dear lord I'm done talking to you. Sony said they were working on a solution to be able to do that.

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
Strategyking92 said:
JEDE3 said:

Oh dear lord I'm done talking to you. Sony said they were working on a solution to be able to do that.

And you obviously didn't read my post! nice!

No i didn't. Because its redundant

Ahh cry more.... The PSP-3000 will still be on the market, so you can buy that if you like. The $249 price tag is justified, wifi, bluetooth (supports PS3 controller and head set), internal memory 16gb, and a digital library of movies and games available anywhere you go. Sony have a business to run this is not charity.

you have to factor in retail in the price point of the psp go because they need more margin to justify them selling hardware without getting anything on the software side

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Strategyking92 said:
JEDE3 said:

1. No need to call people delusional if they like something different than you.

2. Out of curiousity what features is the PSP Go! missing?

3. Why would you even compare a new model to a used model? Thats pretty stupid.

4. Im pretty sure he said all games will be availble.

1. I am a psp fan, and if you still like the go! even though it has eveything wrong with it.. Well, I cannot help but think other wise. Hard a good hard look at my reasonings, will you?

2. UMD drive..... And That's.... HUGE.

3. Because used models are even cheaper. But fine, you can get a psp 2000-3000 new for 170$.... Okay guy, let's add it up just for funzies!!!!!

Psp-170$

8 gigabyte memory stick-30$

50$ left for up to 10 UMD games

But now, let's shop for an even better deal!

used psp 3000 bundle-160$ (includes game, movie, 1 gb card also)

8 gigabyte card- 30$

20$ psp store card

40$ left for games

4. No, and this is 50% of my main beef with the go!. He said 100 new and old games (meaning over 50% will be ps1 games) will be available by launch. That's not bad, but when you consider the fact that there have been 429+ games released for the psp on umd, it's bullshit. Complete... bullshit... They are looking for a solution, yes, but I don't think they will find one (like their solution for pirating, lol). And also, to clear up what CACTUS SAID.... Sony said they WANT every game available. That is still wishful thinking at best.

If there is anything I haven't adressed about this downgrade... Tell me, so we can argue more.

1. Some of us do in fact like the PSP Go!, and I would much rather have it than the PSP 3000. And by now, I have defended the Go! quite a lot, and I'm pretty damn sure I know what I'm talking about.

2. It may be huge, but this is exactly why Sony are keeping the 3000 on the market. Because not everyone want a DD only handheld, and so the PSP Go! is not for everyone in that sense. Again, I would much rather have the Go! than the 3000.

3. The Go! is not just a downgraded PSP 3000. It's a thousand times more portable than any PSP before it, it's smaller, it's lighter, and you can carry a bunch of games around with you without buying extra storage. A recent PSP 3000 bundle was the Everyday Shooter one. You got a PSP 3000, a voucher to download the game and a 4 GB stick for $199. I think 16 GB will last much longer than many think.

4. I'm pretty sure that 'old' games refer to old PSP games and not PS1 games. And even so, every future UMD release will have a digital release, so Sony will just have to put a bit of effort into putting old PSP games on the PS Store, which I think will very much happen. As I see it right now, this is could be the only weakness of the PSP Go! at launch.