By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft dealt a significant blow to the Playstation 3 today at E3

infamous8 said:
OP Fails.

Project NATAL? Yeah, have fun painting an elephant

How come every PS3 fan on the forum is trolling my topic with their Killzone avatars, and their unpopular opinions?

Look, losing the MGS franchise from your brand association has implications that you obviously haven't realized yet.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Zen.. sometimes I think you should end your OP's with LOLITROLU

Pixel Art can be fun.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
infamous8 said:
OP Fails.

Project NATAL? Yeah, have fun painting an elephant

How come every PS3 fan on the forum is trolling my topic with their Killzone avatars, and their unpopular opinions?

Look, losing the MGS franchise from your brand association has implications that you obviously haven't realized yet.

To begin, there arent that many posts in your thread yet, and there is only 1 person with a killzone avatar that has posted =D

mM
DMeisterJ said:
Ehm... MGS was never an exclusive series. Have you not heard of MGS Substance or Twin Snakes?

Mainline games have been on different platforms, and MGS 3 and 4 were PS exclusive, even after a multiplat MGS 2. thread fail.

It went exclusive with MGS4. It was brand associated. Now, it isn't. It's like FF wasn't a Playstation exclusive, remember, but it still mattered when it hit the 360.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

WOW!

people are really under-estimating NATAL big time.

I am telling you, if advertised correctly, NATAL will be huge & cause a bigger blow to the Playstation 3 than anything else.

Xbox 360 now truly will be a different experience from PS3......this is for you too zenfolder.

NATAL diffrentiates xbox from PS3, it makes the experience different & games different.

MGS:R is a small cut to PS3, NATAL is a "blow".

Around the Network

I Agree. PS3 Is Done.

This thread fails.

MGS4 was already on PS3... exclusively.
Anyone who wanted MGS4 this gen, bought a PS3 within the last year.

The only possible "blow" that appeared at the MS conference, was NATAL.
And even that might flop, considering what the price is estimated to be.

But how many new games did they reveal?

Left 4 Dead 2, Halo Reach, MGS:R, Project Natal.

None of those are significant blows. MGS fans have already bought a PS3 because of MGS4. L4D2 isn't a big deal. Project Natal might cost $200 and is releasing next year along with Halo: Reach.

I would call it a significant blow, more a stinging jab. It shouldn't be too hard for Sony to match that.

Yep they blow us away with yet another Halo game, the long-known Forza 3 and a new gimmick. I dont want to sound as a troll, but lets be honest I would have wished Molineaux showed us a real Lionhead game and maybe a new IP from Bungie... I dont want to call them the Halo guys, but thats what they are at the moment :|

Also, MGS R is a multiplat game, so thata nnouncement is far from a bombshell if you ask me :| And whats left? Crackdown 2? Didnt liked the first one, and IMO L4D2 comes way to early... the style looks amazing, and the southern accent of the voiceactor was amazing, but Im hoping it gets pushed to '10 to be a great quality game :D

Alan Wake... it looks great, the only problem I have with it is the fact that it was announced as an adventure game and it looked more like a horror/survivor... lets hope for the best ;)

The last one that really stood out was SC:C... looks great, lets hope that it will be on-par with Chaos Theory and not DA :D

So yeah, a pretty decent presentation if I may say, but I dont see the blow that was delt for the PS3 :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

leo-j said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
..........................wow your not a fanboy

You're in damage control mode, so I'll forgive you for that.

Look around the industry. Do you think more reporters agree with my opinion, or yours? Read any articles about E3 yet?

Just because I liked the show, doesn't mean I'm a fanboy, and YES, losing the MGS franchise as an exclusive 3rd party franchise is a significant blow. AM I WRONG!?

What am I wrong about, please tell me. Nothing.

Look at your thread title before you assume things, and ofcourse I know reporters dont care if I think your a fanboy..

Also news flash, the metal gear solid franchise has NEVER been exclusive to any platform to begin with.

Neither was FFXIII, it is important for the same reason.

Now, sure, you can argue that the 360 game is a spinoff, but I'm willing to bet that if there are more numbered games in the series, they are to be multiplats. That is MY OPINION.

How can I fail with my opinion, which many agree with, like most of the internet.

Whatever though. Sorry I gave my E3 opinions, sheesh.

Yeah, MS e3 sucked, lol. That is the direct opposite of the truth, but I'm not interested in fighting with you because you are obviously in a flaming mood. I've seen your other posts since the conference.

NO NO, NO NO NO.