By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft dealt a significant blow to the Playstation 3 today at E3

Torillian said:
AkibaFan said:
WOW!

people are really under-estimating NATAL big time.

I am telling you, if advertised correctly, NATAL will be huge & cause a bigger blow to the Playstation 3 than anything else.

Xbox 360 now truly will be a different experience from PS3......this is for you too zenfolder.

NATAL diffrentiates xbox from PS3, it makes the experience different & games different.

MGS:R is a small cut to PS3, NATAL is a "blow".

Machina and I were trying to figure out if this Natal thing could really resonate with current 360 fanbase.  And I was thinking that if they really play up the technilogical wonder of it then maybe it would.  Obviously it could all go really far south if they screw it up and look like their abandoning the "core" and going "casual", but if they make it look amazingly futuristic it could really work.

Interesting.

but thats good, going for casuals will make them different from PS3, look I love my PS3, but NATAL is one of the first things that Really SEPERATES them from the "HD Twins" mentality.

all I'm saying in this thread is that if at all there's a blow to PS3, its NATAL, not a multiplat MGS spin off (I will continue to call it a spin off as most people will see it as one).

But you bring up good points!

Around the Network

I think it has been a good day for Microsoft. I don't really care about the Metal Gear thing, but Monkey Island, Crackdown 2, and Left4Dead 2? YES PLEASE.

I wasn't super excited about L4D2 and thought it should just be DLC but then I started reading it and I'm pretty damn excited about it. And of course, again, MONKEY ISLAND.