By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate Microsofts Conference

Bitmap Frogs said:
Pretty high!

Points down however because Mass Effect 2 was a no show and the camera gimmick on-stage demo bugged out.

EA showed off ME2 about 45 min ago

Around the Network
rckrz6 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Pretty high!

Points down however because Mass Effect 2 was a no show and the camera gimmick on-stage demo bugged out.

EA showed off ME2 about 45 min ago

Thank you =)

However, we are rating the MS conference and ME2 didn't show up on that one sooooo =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

i dont see how this can possibly be 10/10,. the trailers were nice but we alreadyk new about most of those games. however crackdown2, lfd2 and Metal gear were new and very good announcements so kudos for that. we already knew quite a bit about natal but it was interesting to se eit demonstrated. its pretty far away and im not convinced by it just yet, i need to see some fully fledged games to back it up and the speeches about it just seemed to be mimicing iwata to me. some of the new online stuff was also decent taking into account alan wake, crackdown 2 (i dont think itll release this year) and halo reach a sbeing an excellent start to a 2010 line up ill give this conference a solid 7/10. the score would be lower if i included stuff like rock band beatles, tony hawk ride and that annoying forza guy, but i think the score should look at the positives rather than the negatives

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I will say this for people under-rating it. Last year a LOT of people who now have their avatar plastered everywhere - FB/Twitt pix, our tags here, blogs, etc. - were saying 6/10 because avatars and NXE were stupid and no one cares about Netflix, etc. etc. etc. Bull. The stuff they showed today is genius. just the two Halos and Modern Warfare 2 is like 25 million software units sold.

Those of you saying Natal and Milo is Eyetoy/Wiimote ripoff are so short-sighted and non-creative, it makes me sad. No. Vision cam was an eyetoy ripoff. you're in the Movies was an eyetoy ripoff. This is something totally new and different if it works ANYWHERE near what they showed. Look at how inaccurate the Wiimote is. If they can be more accurate than that in 3D space and voice and face recog. WITHOUT a remote? You're blind if you don't see the difference. And the depth and difficulty of creating that Lionhead software? If that is a true demo, that's bonkers. Think of how hard it is to develop a text conversation ala Mass Effect. Then make it so you can say anything (!?!?!) to the character and have it keep running? And the depth of emotion and tonal recognition?

Alan Wake looked WAY better and interesting than I thought it would.

Left 4 Dead 2 is a sequel to a huge and fun hit.

MGS is a good get.

That FREE avatar cart racer with microtransactions could be a great thing.

The streaming music completes the media center capabilities without needing a PC connection.

Basically confirming Halo 4 coming FROM BUNGIE!!!! And ODST looks like more great fun and fan-serving goodness from Bungie.

Forza 3 looks like a good answer to GT5 - we'll see more tomorrow, I'd guess.

Don't forget time exclusive on the Modern Warfare 2 map packs for the biggest selling stand alone game (COD4) on a console where shooters rule.

Don't underestimate the power of facebook and Twitter either.

And on a personal note......oh thank you god for Crackdown 2.

I don't know what else people want. yes, they could have repeated every game we'll see everywhere - Mass Effect 2, Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2, Madden, EA Sports, Assassin's Creed 2, Mirror's Edge 2, Dragons Age Origins, Bioshock 2, Crysis 2, etc. etc. But the show was already like 2 hours.

If you want considerably more than what they showed, you are REALLY hard to please or you're a hater.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

B+

Around the Network
Spiteful49 said:
10/10... MGS, Halo, L4D 2... They finally gave a time period for FFXIII and for Alan Wake. Watching HD movies kick arse too!! I am still skeptical for the eye thing but whatever. With how successful the Wii is everyone knew something like this was coming.

Oh yeah and a few games called Crackdown 2, Splinter Cell, and Forza 3 are going to be awesome!!

Good job MS!

this there were so many epic games. Who cares if they didnt show ME 2 and such we know those gaems are coming and they are 360 exclusive. And dont downplay the innovation that is the NATAL it is (arguably) the most innovative thing since the joystick or the wiimote. While im still undecided whether or not it will make it big it has AMAZING potential.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I'd give it an 8/10. Very solid game line up, although it started kinda slow (I don't care about another rock band, and Tony Hawk Ride was pretty meh). Halo ODST and Reach is something we knew about (reach was rumored if I'm not mistaken). MW2 was awesome and so was L4D2 (although no gameplay was shown) and Alan Wake. Project Natal was pretty embarrassing in my eyes (the girl wailing around, the guy painting) up until the milo project, that was interesting. MGS:R was interesting even though we knew about it already and was assumed would come out for the 360. FFXIII release date was awesome, if it's spring 2010 for 360 that means that it better be out at the same time or before for PS3 owners or ppl will riot :lol:.

Anyways, good conference by MS, much better than the snoozefest of last year. It will be hard for both Nintendo and Sony to top this. Nintendo because of last year's conference and their lack of interest in the core games and Sony because alot has already been leaked and nobody knows if they got megatons lined up. It's safe to assume that E3 is back to it's glory days.

4/5 Pretty damn good.
+Most of the games looked great
+Xbox Live expanded
+Good pacing and setup
+New game announcements
+MGS Rising
-Don Mattrick and the guy from turn 10 are utter douchebags
-Not one damn new Ip (although Epic's game looks great)
-Rubang will kill me for saying this...... The Beatles thing was awkward and unnecessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I think this E3 from MS was miles better than last year. Last year they won due to a megaton announcement to get the win, this year they actually showed good tech and more games.

I don't think facebook or twitter are a big deal considering you have a full browser on the ps3 and can therefore access pretty much any such application.

The HD movie fix ain't a big deal either. It's just a solution for not being able to purchase true 1080p HD films.

The 3D cam was awesome but I think it will be a longtime until we see some sw that will make the purchase worth it.

L4d2, splinter cell and Halo were awesome and the MGS announcement was just to stick it to Sony.

From a 360fan who hasn't got a ps3, this would possibly be a 9-10/10

For some who owns a ps3 or both, it was more of a 6-7/10.

Ps3 users have FB, 1080p movies, free movies, mgs games, motion controls and eye toy, remote access to the ps3 from anywhere in the world and an option to install another OS to get even further use from the console.

I was dissapointed that there was no mention of Killer Instinct, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Otogi, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath and no new Dead or Alive game. Now let's see if Sony can live upto the MS conference!

7/10.
At first i was pretty much impressed, especially with Project Natal,
BUT later, it was:
2 mediocre looking Halo games/half games,
Forza 3, which is still no match to GT5,
a game in MGS universe, which is spin-off and multi,
epic fail with epic,
Crackdown 2 - that one was ok,
all other things was multi, so nothing special for x360.
Though, FFXIII demo, well it`s impressive, that after all, x360 is capable to handle such graphics. =)
And Natal Thing, well, if it cost like 200$ for that accessory, don`t expect a lot of games to use that technology, apart live arcades, which isn`t so great.

I would rate it lower, but i just liked the show and first impression was good. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far