By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate Microsofts Conference

8/10

Solid line-up. I was very impressed by Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Left 4 Dead 2 and Crackdown 2 were a very nice surprise, as well as Metal Gear Solid: Rising. At least it's a new game and not a year port. I was disappointed with the beginning of the show and the whole facebook/twitter thing.

Around the Network

The mind boggles at the inability of folks to comprehend what they saw with NATAL. That demo alone got MS the conference of the decade. So that demo gives them 15/10 by itself. Add another 5 points for awesome exclusives and take off a couple for an overlong rock-band section and you have ~17/10. Seriously, without Natal, I would give them 8/10, 9/10 if rock band had been much shorter. With NATAL, it is definitely greatest conference showing of all time.

10/10 because Sam Fisher doesn't like an old hermit. And Project Natal looks pretty awesome.

ramses01 said:
The mind boggles at the inability of folks to comprehend what they saw with NATAL. That demo alone got MS the conference of the decade. So that demo gives them 15/10 by itself. Add another 5 points for awesome exclusives and take off a couple for an overlong rock-band section and you have ~17/10. Seriously, without Natal, I would give them 8/10, 9/10 if rock band had been much shorter. With NATAL, it is definitely greatest conference showing of all time.

It was pretty damn cool, but i think its gonna be expensive with few games supported.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Just finnished reading what all you guys wrote and I just want o point one thing out that has been brought up on more than once. The Natal thing when it launches will come with the 360 bundled, so if you think of that then the price of it bu itself should not be that high. 9 out of 10 by the way. A very good way to start e3.

Around the Network

9/10 well produced, much better than last year. I would have liked to have seen me2 at the conference. The games that were shown looked really good especially alan wake, it could be the game of e3, will have to see what else is shown.

8/10, however they did alright considering I had enormous expectations. Since Microsoft's been quiet so long I was hoping for a cavalcade of new game reveals, exclusives and new IPs. Bungie should be working on something that's not Halo, Rare was nowhere to be found, and no confirmation of Mass Effect 2 exclusivity is very disconcerting.

However, MGS, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell, Project Natal and Facebook were big announcements. Shadow Complex looks interesting too. So overall it was pretty good, just not Earth shattering like I had wanted.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

9/10

It started slow, but anyone that thinks Microsoft's conference was anything less than completely stellar in the end needs their head checked.

According to many, Microsoft had little to nothing before E3.

Now they have:

-Core games to match or beat any other console this holiday season EASILY.
-Casual games to cater to the masses.
-A revolutionary new control scheme that not only promises to make current games better and more intuitive, but takes the Wii's concept of making it easier for the masses and betters it in EVERY way.
-Even more cohesiveness in the LIVE system to keep it well ahead of the PSN.
-Globally expanded video networks, 1080p streaming, music and Nadal video chat and transfer.
-An already massive 2010 lineup.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

7/10. I would rate it higher if I could find practical uses for Natal. It seems too inaccurate for high precision games like shooters. Maybe just a party device only?

7/10

pro:

a lot of new announcements
natal looks interesting
a lot of minor updates

con:

lack of titles that interest me specifically
no FFXIII:VS
Natal is still in prototype stage

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...