By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate Microsofts Conference

Positives:
- Left for dead 2 came out of nowhere, but with no gameplay footage there's little chance it will be any more than a left for dead expansion with the same graphics
- Crackdown 2, unfortunately all of it was cgi,
- Natal had potential with the fighting games
- Splinter cell looked pretty good.

Negatives
- Epic and Lionhead's new 'games' turned out to be xbla and the milo project(which has potential but still seems ridiculously unfeasible that it could respond to whatever you said).
- Alan Wake was not the graphical masterpiece many were hoping it to be.
- Timed exclusivity on MW2 map packs is lame - it's not going to change a lot of minds it will only piss PS3 owners off.
- Natal's paint game made it too obvious the thing lacks precision.

Neutral points:
-Avatar driving game... yay.... who cares...
-Facebook, lastfm, 1080p downloads(yet still short of bluray quality) All nice but really unimportant.
-MGS(5) was expected, and it will be multiplat so it's really a neutered announcement. MGS fans would still want to go with PS3 because MGS4 remains exclusive to PS3.
-Forza3 Looked pretty good too early to tell if it will best GT5 - probably won't but good effort.
-Halo:reach was already leaked, and big news for fans of the series, but outside of them not really any big deal.

Around the Network

Lol, It was awesome for the freaking natal or w/e it is alone! priceless!

Wonder what Nintendo and Sony are gonna do to counter the humour of it all. :D

9/10

If microsoft release a portable gun for the Natal, then that would be awesome! I'd give it a 11/10 if they do release one.

Solid 8 out of 10.

MGS (for me) wasn't anything major and previous MGS titles were on Xbox (at least I seem to remember some.

Facebook, etc. is nice but not groundshaking and easy for others to match - while it doesn't have the Avatar link you could argue that PS3 launched with this via its web browser.

The games were all known beforehand with exception of MGS and the reveal of some form of MGS on 360 was obvious.

Project Natal looked great but was very early tech and again can be emulated by others - and indeed Nintendo so far have lead the charge in this area and have a great deal of the market for playing casual titles with motion sensing sewn up already.

So very good, nice to see the big names on the stage, but nothing earth shattering.

So 8 out of 10.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Nothing special, 5/10. I waiting for Sony and Nintendo show :)

Around the Network
AE86 said:
selnor said:
20/10.

M$ just done the best innovation ever in gaming history. And the core games looked goddly. Well done M$.

They have a shot at first place this gen. They really do.

Wow, If I could fix my sig that would definitely go in there. You think Microsoft is going to outsell the Wii because of one E3 conference?

Hilarious.

How about Wii Fit,Yoga,party games and more that are on the Wii? They sale like crazy at 250 + 100 $.

Do you think that those games will not get a port from a company and more similar  "casual" games?

Why are people buying Wii`s ? Mario and Wii Fit.

Why are people buying 360`s? All tipes of games AND 360 Fit. From a mile long,360 will have better value for the money.

And remember,the 360 camera captures all your body motion,not just the Wii stick.

Add that the scanning ability,voice and facial recognition and you have a superior Wii 2 that plays 360 games.

Don`t get me wrong,I don`t like casual games and will not buy the 360 camera,but...

what about all the people that bought a Wii? There are plenty of them,so 360 will sell even more.

Plus,360 har Rare to make Viva Piniatas,Banjo and all the kiddy games Natal needs,so trust me...

MS was and still is smart. I hope they take down the Wii,all it has is Mario,SSBB,Kart and Wii Fit.

8/10

Need more Rare Stuff and 2-3 more excluisive Games for 10/10

7.5/10

only a couple of games that im intrested in, but Natal has potential if it works well

8/10

I want to see Nintendo and SONYYYYY

7/10
I watched it live yesterday and just watched again on my DVR. It wasnt as good as last years in my opinion. Im only really looking at Xbox exclusives, not multiplats.

Pros

Lastfm - Great addition, I hope it can be used for custom soundtracks.
Alan Wake - looks good so far.
Forza 3 - great
Splinter Cell - great
MSG Rising - Nice coup for Xbox. I like the idea of a spin off franchise.
Joy Ride - Might be fun to see your own avatar in the game, along with friends etc.
Left 4 Dead 2 - great, kinda early for a sequel though, but still cool.
Video Marketplace - Very nice upgrade. 

Cons

Epic game - not much gameplay shown. A big no for me until I get to try it out. I expected something big from Epic.
Rock Band - Too much time spent on it. Ringo and Paul had no clue what to say. Awkward to say the least.
Halo - Overexposed. My kids will like it, but Im not a big fan.
NATAL - ruined it for me. YES GREAT tech, BUT, I like to sit on the couch and play games. I play VG games to relax. I go outside    to get exercise. I just cant get excited about this at all.

Tifa got MOVES!