By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

Ari_Gold said:
Whats up with so many nintendo trolls downplaying microsofts E3 conference. At least they announce games every year, and not every 2 years. Yeah, we get it, to you MGS, Forza 3, Crackdown 2, Halo Reach, Left 4 Dead 2 aren't megatons and they might be predictable, but the point is.. does it matter? you're all getting hyped for the same mario, zelda, or anything nintendo has rehashed for the same 20 years, if that isn't predictable then i don't know what is. So a new Halo game isn't a megaton, but a new Zelda or Mario is? Stop with your silly bias, and GTFO to you nintendo heaven pls, i'm happy that microsoft makes games for me, the hardcore player.

I hope I wasn't included in your grouping. I personally think Crackdown, that metroid 2d style game, splinter cell, and MGS games all looked good. I also think Natal is a really cool device that will do wonders for computers. But, nothing there was a 'megaton' akin to FFXIII on 360 from last year (I guess MGS is close, though its just a new game vs MGS4 or 5).

That's what most are saying. Really good job MS, but not so good Nintendo or Sony can't beat it with some great games.

Hell, I was more interested in EA's conference with The Old Republic trailer. That was just sick. Might just be my first MMO.

Now, if MS had shown a really well developed RTS for their Natal, that would have sold me.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Squilliam said:
JaggedSac said:
Squilliam said:
^ That was exactly my reaction. I played their tower defense game and it was really fun. The fact that the game is free says something at least, if its good and it doesn't cost money then absolutely no complaints here!

Yeah, you guys are probably right, but those graphics looked like doodoo.  It also sounded like there will be a lot of microtransactions involved.  Avatar support is neat though.  Free is definitely a plus as well.

Theres no complaints from me, I don't really see how better graphics would add to the game in any way. Its really arcadey and the visual clarity is something I appreciated a lot looking at that.

Quit busting my balls man. :)

LOL, ok!

Tease.

I agree every year M$ ups the bar and hasnt been beaten. For all the people that said they have nothing and no games well hopefully your eyes have been opened. MS conference 2009 > 2008 > 2007 > any other. M$ keeps me surpirsed and entertained and thats why ive bought theyre consoles

Long Live SHIO!

LOL to Natal thing! Thats one piece of kit that will need a few addons before it will be able to play a FPS well. That is going to be a $100 + addon. I think Natal has had it's peak already!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

From what i've seen MS had an amazing E3 conference, they showed Alan Wake and Splinter Cell, announced Forza and L4D 2 and long anticipaited metal Gear Solid on its system (im probably going to get MGS and Alan Wake). Even that new gimmick seems kinda cool, yet a bit desperate in its wii copying (a bit like avatar).

Im just a bit dissapointed that nothing was showed in terms of RPG's for the 360, i know Mass Effect 2 is coming in 2010 (and i cant wait, still havent finished the 1st one but im loving it) but thats pretty much it, im quite suprised that MS is not offering more JRPG's after aquiring so many in the past. Also nothign has been showed in terms of WRPG's on the system. I know the library that 360 has is extensive (im a new owner yet to play most of its games) but i just feel that people in Redmond forgot about the best genre there is :P

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Vaza said:
How can anyone say that that was a dud conference? They showed a ton of core games!
- Left 4 Dead 2 (Never expected this so soon!)
- CrackDown 2
- Halo ODST (Graphics seemed well improved with the normal great Halo gameplay)
- Halo: Reach (Yes! A NEW Halo!)
- Alan Wake (Gameplay looked very cool, creepy style)
- Forza 3 (WOW, graphics looked better than GT5)
- Splinter Cell Conviction (Really impressed by the game, looks very cinematic and fun)
- Metal Gear Solid Rising
- Modern Warfare 2 with exclusive DLC (Amazing, can't wait!)

And they also left out one of their big guns - Mass Effect 2. AND announced a lot for the new dashboard update: Last FM, Facebook, Twitter, Zune Marketplace and Sky TV.

And thats not including the motion camera stuff, which even without it in the conference, the show was great!

Because most of the games were not interesting, at least not as shown, and NATAL looked lame, and who cares about facebook and twitter, I give that conference a 6/10 at most

Well that's your opinion.  Personally I could see myself playing every single one of those with the exception of Forza since I'm not really into racing games.  9/10 from me for the conference.

E3 2009: Project Natal Meets Burnout Paradise
Step on the gas.
by Ryan Clements

US, June 1, 2009 - With Microsoft unveiling the potentially revolutionary Project Natal during its press conference today, we've already considered how games could be changed with such accurate motion controls. At a Microsoft event, we had the opportunity to experience Project Natal as it has been implemented into a pre-existing game: Burnout Paradise.

The game controls surprisingly well, with your hands controlling the steering and your feet controlling the car's acceleration. Stepping forward gives your ride some juice and stepping back hits the brakes.

Although this is just a minor taste of what's possible with Project Natal, it's great to see that the system will be possible with previously released games that might not have been designed with motion control in mind.

FKNetwork said:
Step on the gas.
by Ryan Clements

US, June 1, 2009 - With Microsoft unveiling the potentially revolutionary Project Natal during its press conference today, we've already considered how games could be changed with such accurate motion controls. At a Microsoft event, we had the opportunity to experience Project Natal as it has been implemented into a pre-existing game: Burnout Paradise.

The game controls surprisingly well, with your hands controlling the steering and your feet controlling the car's acceleration. Stepping forward gives your ride some juice and stepping back hits the brakes.

Although this is just a minor taste of what's possible with Project Natal, it's great to see that the system will be possible with previously released games that might not have been designed with motion control in mind.

IGN pointed out that the burnout used at E3 with NATAL was a version designed to run with NATAL, it wasn't the retail version:

The first demo I tried was what Microsoft was calling "Burnout Natal." Though it isn't a real game in development, the mixture of Burnout Paradise and the Natal camera was meant to provide proof that you could use the device's technology for practically any genre or software. How quickly I was recognized into the Natal's body identification system (just a few seconds) was surprising, and in a matter of moments I was controlling Burnout paradise with my feet and hands.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/989/989269p1.html

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
FKNetwork said:
Step on the gas.
by Ryan Clements

IGN pointed out that the burnout used at E3 with NATAL was a version designed to run with NATAL, it wasn't the retail version:

The first demo I tried was what Microsoft was calling "Burnout Natal." Though it isn't a real game in development, the mixture of Burnout Paradise and the Natal camera was meant to provide proof that you could use the device's technology for practically any genre or software. How quickly I was recognized into the Natal's body identification system (just a few seconds) was surprising, and in a matter of moments I was controlling Burnout paradise with my feet and hands.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/989/989269p1.html

I'm pointing out that games/developers are already using it, you said you can't see games working well with it, this proves you VERY wrong lol

Bladeforce said:
LOL to Natal thing! Thats one piece of kit that will need a few addons before it will be able to play a FPS well. That is going to be a $100 + addon. I think Natal has had it's peak already!

What an intelligent post...hum...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.