Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

And Forza 3  looked AMAZING!!!!

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
FKNetwork said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seriously Im flabbergasted by some of the above comments downplaying this piece of history. I really dont know how Sony or Nintendo can top this. This was absolutely amazing and Project Natal is going to be a benchmark for a lot of things. There was an MGS multiplat and a next Halo.

The only missing elements were RPGs and MMOs.

NATAL will be a glorified eyetoy, maybe 5-6 games will use it, and most of them will be minigames. the games shown were either really lame, or were not shown in any real detail to really care much about, I say Alan Wake was the best, but even it had annoying slow motion garbage

WOW! you really wasn't paying attention was you? they said more than once that ALL existing 360 games WILL also work with the new motion camera, seriously......

Actually they said it would work with all existing hardware

I just watched again but on the 360 this time and they said all existing games will work on it :)

well show the scene where they say it

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Awesome, an On Demand game download service. They should have mentioned that in the conference. Get rid of MW2 or Tony Hawk or RB Beatles.

Also, I just thought of a game for Natal.

Dodgeball.
You can catch balls, pick them up, throw them, and dodge them. Dodge them via jumping, diving, ducking, whatever you want. See a ball on the ground in front of you and to the right. Walk over and pick it up. That would be cool. And no learning curve. If you can play in real life, you can play in the game. Online mode would be great.

I think there are all sorts of possibilites where you can add feet movement and arm movement. Kick boxing, karate, etc.

I hope to god they release an API for XNA with this thing.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
FKNetwork said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
FKNetwork said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seriously Im flabbergasted by some of the above comments downplaying this piece of history. I really dont know how Sony or Nintendo can top this. This was absolutely amazing and Project Natal is going to be a benchmark for a lot of things. There was an MGS multiplat and a next Halo.

The only missing elements were RPGs and MMOs.

NATAL will be a glorified eyetoy, maybe 5-6 games will use it, and most of them will be minigames. the games shown were either really lame, or were not shown in any real detail to really care much about, I say Alan Wake was the best, but even it had annoying slow motion garbage

WOW! you really wasn't paying attention was you? they said more than once that ALL existing 360 games WILL also work with the new motion camera, seriously......

Actually they said it would work with all existing hardware

I just watched again but on the 360 this time and they said all existing games will work on it :)

well show the scene where they say it

LOL, don't be lazy! if you wonna see it again you go look at it and find it yourself, i'm not doing it for you, i'm just telling you what I heard while watching for a second time....

@FKNetwork: I have a bridge in the Norh Pole for sale if you believe all the Xbox 360 games can be played with this instead of a controller.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Natal is interesting, but I can see tons of problems with this depending on lighting, etc. Of course with the virtual 3D friend thing, they are obviously going for young people that live in their mom's basement, so I guess lighting might not be much of an issue. :)

whatever said:
Natal is interesting, but I can see tons of problems with this depending on lighting, etc. Of course with the virtual 3D friend thing, they are obviously going for young people that live in their mom's basement, so I guess lighting might not be much of an issue. :)

Lighting conditions do not matter with this tech.

JaggedSac said:
Awesome, an On Demand game download service. They should have mentioned that in the conference. Get rid of MW2 or Tony Hawk or RB Beatles.

Dodgeball.
You can catch balls, pick them up, throw them, and dodge them. Dodge them via jumping, diving, ducking, whatever you want. See a ball on the ground in front of you and to the right. Walk over and pick it up. That would be cool. And no learning curve. If you can play in real life, you can play in the game. Online mode would be great.

I think there are all sorts of possibilites where you can add feet movement and arm movement. Kick boxing, karate, etc.

Eh, didn't you watch the conference? The demo'd a dodgeball game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NJ5 said:

@FKNetwork: I have a bridge in the Norh Pole for sale if you believe all the Xbox 360 games can be played with this instead of a controller.

Don't shoot the messenger NJ5!

outlawauron said:
JaggedSac said:

Dodgeball.

Eh, didn't you watch the conference? The demo'd a dodgeball game.

No they did not.  Nothing like what I am describing.  That was just a person writhing around while balls knocked off of her.  I am talking about something needing precision.  Actually make the movements to catch a ball.  A ball is rolling along the ground and you have to walk over, not just side to side, and pick it up.  Then throw it at another person.  The game could read how fast you threw it and everything.  The only problem might be determining when to release the ball.  Perhaps grunt or something.