By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

@ squilliam, Sky is a satellite service which is only avaliable in the UK, so they cannot extend the service really

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Khuutra said:
Beoulve said:

Maybe it's because I care more this year, considering the fact that I got an Xbox360 6 months ago. But I felt this year's conference had a bigger overall wow factor. The only thing I basically remember from 2008 was the FFXIII announcement.

That's fair, but that announcement is about all I remember from last year's E3 altogether, so I'd say that's a positive.

Be honest! You also remember the horrible Wii Music demonstration, it's just that like the rest of us you're trying to erase it from your memory.

God, that was so f*cking lame. And that c*nt that was hosting that shit was beyond annoying. Wii Resort, Shaun White Snowboarding, Wii Music *barf*. This year I hope Nintendo shows off their stuff in a way that's completely different to last years f*ckery.

Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ squilliam, sky will only stay in UK/Eire, maybe they will do a deal with a NZ service

Unfortunately, im crying on the inside if thats true! But since we have essentially the same boxes etc theres still hope!

EaglesEye379 said:
More news :

On Demand for Xbox Live will allow full downloads of games just like Steam.

http://kotaku.com/5274406/microsof-offering-360-games-on-demand-starting-august

Can't get the pointer down. But ok: This will be massive if its true! I have a fast connection @ 16Mbit.

Interesting. I wonder if all games are going to be on there, or are they going to follow Sony's route?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Khuutra said:
@Beoulve and Truckosaurus:

Well I remember that NOW. Ugh.

Sorry :B

I have Sky HD sitting under my Bravia LCD. It has the red, green, yellow and blue buttons for interactivity. So I think its the same company.

Tease.

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seriously Im flabbergasted by some of the above comments downplaying this piece of history. I really dont know how Sony or Nintendo can top this. This was absolutely amazing and Project Natal is going to be a benchmark for a lot of things. There was an MGS multiplat and a next Halo.

The only missing elements were RPGs and MMOs.

NATAL will be a glorified eyetoy, maybe 5-6 games will use it, and most of them will be minigames. the games shown were either really lame, or were not shown in any real detail to really care much about, I say Alan Wake was the best, but even it had annoying slow motion garbage

WOW! you really wasn't paying attention was you? they said more than once that ALL existing 360 games WILL also work with the new motion camera, seriously......

Think about playing Halo, Mario, GTA, Madden, Virtua Fighter, etc without any controller only hand/body movements. It wouldn't work. That is not saying some games wouldn't be better with Natal, but most genres just won't work that way. This is why it won't have a superbly high attach rate, well that and is probable price point.

Its a great peice of tech that will cause some good ideas flowing and advancements for computers in general in user interface. But, it won't be a great gaming device.

Similar to the Balance board in its use capabilities. However, it won't outsell WiiFit without some massively appealing non-core game.

*now watching EA press conference*

superchunk said:
FKNetwork said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seriously Im flabbergasted by some of the above comments downplaying this piece of history. I really dont know how Sony or Nintendo can top this. This was absolutely amazing and Project Natal is going to be a benchmark for a lot of things. There was an MGS multiplat and a next Halo.

NATAL will be a glorified eyetoy, maybe 5-6 games will use it, and most of them will be minigames. the games shown were either really lame, or were not shown in any real detail to really care much about, I say Alan Wake was the best, but even it had annoying slow motion garbage

WOW! you really wasn't paying attention was you? they said more than once that ALL existing 360 games WILL also work with the new motion camera, seriously......

Think about playing Halo, Mario, GTA, Madden, Virtua Fighter, etc without any controller only hand/body movements. It wouldn't work. That is not saying some games wouldn't be better with Natal, but most genres just won't work that way. This is why it won't have a superbly high attach rate, well that and is probable price point.

Its a great peice of tech that will cause some good ideas flowing and advancements for computers in general in user interface. But, it won't be a great gaming device.

Similar to the Balance board in its use capabilities. However, it won't outsell WiiFit without some massively appealing non-core game.

er... i think they said that it will work on all existing Xbox 360 consoles.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Munkeh111 said:

But a good conference overall, though I was not happy to see Kojima on stage

How come?

Btw, what was that Skate game about, was that board some expensive device like the instruments in GH and that the PS3 and Wii will it get as well?

superchunk said:
FKNetwork said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
EaglesEye379 said:

For the most part what you said is very true.  However with a little ingenuity, all they'd need is a numchuck like periphial with an analog stick and then you'd be FPS capable.  Move with the analog stick and aim, shoot, melee, throw grenades with your right hand.

This is all depending on how well it actually picks up movements, but it could be capable of giving a solid FPS experience... if the hardware pans out.  Even if it is not embraced by the masses, this will get the ball rolling for next generation's input devices.