By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ squilliam, sky will only stay in UK/Eire, maybe they will do a deal with a NZ service

Unfortunately, im crying on the inside if thats true! But since we have essentially the same boxes etc theres still hope!

EaglesEye379 said:
More news :

On Demand for Xbox Live will allow full downloads of games just like Steam.

http://kotaku.com/5274406/microsof-offering-360-games-on-demand-starting-august

Can't get the pointer down. But ok: This will be massive if its true! I have a fast connection @ 16Mbit.

lol lol lol 16 mbit is dead slow:)

Around the Network

^ I will probably have 25Mbit later on this year. 2-3MB yield is pretty good for downloading content, especially if you can start the game before its fully downloaded. 1 hour to download a full game is pretty comparable for me in going out to actually buy a game from a store.

Tease.

Whats up with so many nintendo trolls downplaying microsofts E3 conference. At least they announce games every year, and not every 2 years. Yeah, we get it, to you MGS, Forza 3, Crackdown 2, Halo Reach, Left 4 Dead 2 aren't megatons and they might be predictable, but the point is.. does it matter? you're all getting hyped for the same mario, zelda, or anything nintendo has rehashed for the same 20 years, if that isn't predictable then i don't know what is. So a new Halo game isn't a megaton, but a new Zelda or Mario is? Stop with your silly bias, and GTFO to you nintendo heaven pls, i'm happy that microsoft makes games for me, the hardcore player.

JaggedSac said:
NJ5 said:
JaggedSac said:

Sure, buttons are required for things we are doing now.  But I just thought of something that I would enjoy after about 3 hours of seeing what this thing can do.  Give devs time to come up with neat stuff.  The ability to read hand and feet movement at the same time can definitely offer some interesting options.  I agree with you that genres and game types that we play now will be hard to force onto Natal.  But perhaps we should be wanting something new.  This isn't mapping hardware that ou are carrying into 3D space.  This is mapping you into 3D space.  I think that is quite neat.

It's definitely neat, but as far as practical game development goes I don't see developers faring any better than with the Wii controls, actually worse. The main advantage over the Wii Remote is that it tracks all of your body, the disadvantage is that any action has to be done through movement or speech. IMO that will really limit developers.

Yep, you are correct.  Devs could either come up with some neat gameplay, or they could pidgeon hole the stuff into current games.  But if I want to play Halo, I can pick up my 360 controller and play an awesome as FPS game with good graphics and amazing online.  Then if I want to play something casual with my girl, I can start playing a Dancing with the Stars Natal game.

Also, no one seems to be mentioning it, but WTF is up with that cart racing game.  I was expecting something better than that from Big Park.

I questioned that too, then I thought about the mainstream appeal of Mario Kart this gen and it made sense. =/

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

^ That was exactly my reaction. I played their tower defense game and it was really fun. The fact that the game is free says something at least, if its good and it doesn't cost money then absolutely no complaints here!

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
^ That was exactly my reaction. I played their tower defense game and it was really fun. The fact that the game is free says something at least, if its good and it doesn't cost money then absolutely no complaints here!

Yeah, you guys are probably right, but those graphics looked like doodoo.  It also sounded like there will be a lot of microtransactions involved.  Avatar support is neat though.  Free is definitely a plus as well.

JaggedSac said:
Squilliam said:

Yeah, you guys are probably right, but those graphics looked like doodoo.  It also sounded like there will be a lot of microtransactions involved.  Avatar support is neat though.  Free is definitely a plus as well.

Theres no complaints from me, I don't really see how better graphics would add to the game in any way. Its really arcadey and the visual clarity is something I appreciated a lot looking at that.

Tease.

Yeah I wonder how must you get for free? Like only 2 cars and 1 track?

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Squilliam said:
JaggedSac said:
Squilliam said:

Theres no complaints from me, I don't really see how better graphics would add to the game in any way. Its really arcadey and the visual clarity is something I appreciated a lot looking at that.

Quit busting my balls man. :)

senortaco said:

I questioned that too, then I thought about the mainstream appeal of Mario Kart this gen and it made sense. =/

Mario Kart Wii doesn't appeal only to the mainstream, and really what's wrong with it? As I recall it, many people in this board even like playing the wheel and say it's more fun, even if it doesn't reach the exact precision of an analog stick (though you can get pretty close, the control is solid and you can zig zag around nearby items if you're used to it).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957