By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tracking Where Gamers Go (Platform to Platform)

my way was snes-n64-gc-wii, and for handhelds gb-gbc-gba-nds. i think this also explains my name

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Can you all post how you think most people move though? I mean I didn't expect many of us to fit my pattern, because if you like sales information for videogames you at least have hardcore level knowledge of the industry, if not hardcore levels of systems and games.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Well that would vary by region TheSource, but its pretty obvious how most people moved. North America 2600->NES->SNES->PS1->PS2->360* or 2600->NES->Genesis->PS1->PS2->360* Japan Famicom->PC-Engine->SNES->PS1->PS2->Wii* or Famicom->PC-Engine->SNES->Saturn->PS1->PS2->Wii* Europe?(I'm not sure, I know Europe has always been different due to piss poor support prior to the launch of the Playstation brand) Master System->Mega Drive->PS1->PS2->360* or Master System->SNES->PS1->PS2->360* *=This generation is yet to be decided, so I just put the current market leader for each region i.e. 360 for US/Europe, and Wii for Japan.

Death2009 said: why would anybody choose the GC over the PS2?
Better games.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said: Death2009 said: why would anybody choose the GC over the PS2? Better games.
YEAH RIGHT! The one thing ps2 had was the best selection of games of any console!

Around the Network

Death2009 said: elprincipe said: Death2009 said: why would anybody choose the GC over the PS2? Better games. YEAH RIGHT! The one thing ps2 had was the best selection of games of any console!
I'll agree partially...somebody might think that some games on the GC were better...no need to be an ass.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Death2009 said: YEAH RIGHT! The one thing ps2 had was the best selection of games of any console!
In your opinion, of course. I have a Cube and a PS2 and Cube has better games in my opinion. Sure, obviously more people share your opinion than mine, but that does not make it right. Perhaps someday when you are a little older you will be ready to realize that other people have differing viewpoints from your own. And maybe, just maybe, perhaps eventually you'll come to realize that if you want people to respect your viewpoints, you will have to respect theirs.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said: Death2009 said: YEAH RIGHT! The one thing ps2 had was the best selection of games of any console! In your opinion, of course. I have a Cube and a PS2 and Cube has better games in my opinion. Sure, obviously more people share your opinion than mine, but that does not make it right. Perhaps someday when you are a little older you will be ready to realize that other people have differing viewpoints from your own. And maybe, just maybe, perhaps eventually you'll come to realize that if you want people to respect your viewpoints, you will have to respect theirs.
Flaming always works. Grow up fanboy. If you expect people not to flame you, you need to learn to respond in way that makes you look like less of an ass. It's not an opinion but a fact that the PS2 had better slection and more games than all other systems. Look at the games both systems offered and look at it in less of a fanboy way, you will see the PS2 had the better selection and a wider varitey of games going towards a larger array of gamers. Maybe someday when you grow up and are less of a fanboy you will see that. It's a matter of which system had not only the best games but the widest and most diverse selection offered. That would be the PS2 and any non-fanboy could see that. It's a fact and not an opinion. Deal with little fanboy and get off your highhorse. kids.

Death2009 said: elprincipe said: Flaming always works. Grow up fanboy. If you expect people not to flame you, you need to learn to respond in way that makes you look like less of an ass.
Try not to be an ass yourself before you give advice like that. He doesn't care what kind of selection PS2 had, he liked the Gamecube games better. It IS an opinion when he likes the Gamecube games better, and believes it had the better games. Before throwing the fanboy accusations around, you should understand that yes, people think differently. Fact: PS2 had better games. Opinion: I think the Gamecube had better games.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

I went like this N64->GC->Xbox 360 So far I have been happy with all my decisions. I think the GC had more quality games percentage wise then the PS2, though it still had amazing games, I still don't think they used the Gamecube to its full potential