By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tracking Where Gamers Go (Platform to Platform)

Death2009 said: why would anybody choose the GC over the PS2?
Because they like the games better... I own both from their respective release dates, and I have about 35 GCN games to 11 PS2 games..

Around the Network

Well, there are people who own/owned an xbox without owning a PS2 as well, so what's the difference?

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

4 player local games? I know a guy who (at least once a week) invites his friends over to play Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. If you don't care about the PS3's big exclusives (Final Fantasy, Metal Gear and Grand Turismo) and you play many of the multi-platform games then the Gamecube would suit you just as well as a PS2 ... Personally, the only reason I owned a PS2 was to play Final Fantasy and many 2D series that didn't get ported to the XBox or Gamecube ...

HappySqurriel said: Death2009 said: why would anybody choose the GC over the PS2? 4 player local games? I know a guy who (at least once a week) invites his friends over to play Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. If you don't care about the PS3's big exclusives (Final Fantasy, Metal Gear and Grand Turismo) and you play many of the multi-platform games then the Gamecube would suit you just as well as a PS2 ... Personally, the only reason I owned a PS2 was to play Final Fantasy and many 2D series that didn't get ported to the XBox or Gamecube ...
The GC certainly rocked at that. Smash bro's, mario kart, FF: crystal chronicles and many others were great passage of time with friends. Also the japanese import games such as the naruto series or D.O.N was pretty dam fun as well.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

NES>Game Boy>SNES>N64>GBC>GCN>DSL>WII

Around the Network

Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Wind Waker, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil Remake, Resdent Evil 0, Smash Bros, Pikmin, Pikmin 2 and a lot more. That's Why

PS2 was only good for the exclusives, other than that there was nothing there for me,if the game was on all three I would get it for GC, if it was on Xbox/PS2 I would get it for Xbox, and the GC had great 4 player games. Plus RE4 was way better on GC.

After my wall of text I will put my gamer evolution Amstrad CPC-Sega Megadrive-Super Nes-Playstation-Nintendo64-Dreamcast-Game Cube-Xbox- ......and in 8 days Playstation 3 and in handhelds I have Game Boy-Lynx and PSP

Because they had Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing +, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles etc. It was just more fun when there are people visiting the house.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

HappySqurriel said: Personally, the only reason I owned a PS2 was to play Final Fantasy and many 2D series that didn't get ported to the XBox or Gamecube ...
ditto!

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW