By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - PS3 Moderator/Representative

This thread will go down in flames.

That's not why I started it.

On a regular basis there is an accusation floating throughout this site that there is a definite Wii Mod bias.  I don't know what the breakdown is but I'm sure that with some of the more vocal moderators there probably is a slight slant towards Nintendo in general and the Wii specifically.  I don't think that's a bad thing, nor do I think that it affects the accuracy of this site's numbers.  However, it does no one any good to always see this accusation crop up from time to time and I think it does more to discredit the site than a perceived Wii bias.  That is, the "discussion" that this site is biased causes more problems than if the bias were in fact real.

So I propose a solution.  This is in regards to a PS3 moderator, because, IMO, this is the most vocal of the consoles in need of site representation.  Granted, perhaps there may need to be more moderators that represent the 360.  Either way, maybe something can be done.

I recommend that we add a moderator.  I also recommend that there be an application process where a PS3 fan (Or Multi-console fan) uses their thread history to prove that they can be unbiased and civil in the heat of debate.  These short applications could be reviewed by the existing moderators and finally, ioi.

Around the Network

I see, so your saying a person biased to sony(such as I) should be a mod.

Benkenobi is 360/wii bias

CKmlb is ps3 bias

ioi is... no comment

Stof now wii bias

The source(wierd name cool though) unkown

Gballzack wii bias

mM

Problem!!! I don't know anyone who can do that task.

We have CKLMB but that is not enough.

Only one may do this

wait roadkillers is ps3 bias.

Only one person, that has the trust of the entire site!!

WE MUST VOTE FOR THE NEXT MODERATOR!!!!!!!

mM

Uh Leo-J we need someone who is not biased at any console, someone we know who is X360/ PS3 owner and don't is negative against the Wii.

Around the Network

Pretty much, Leo. But I'm also saying that that person should be able to prove that they don't get upset or insulting in their posts. For instance, Hus never could have been a moderator. He spent more time in attack mode than in making educated, relevant discussion. So it's not just about being the biggest fan.

Very bad idea, you should add moderators because they deserve the position, not because they love certain console.

Most sony fans on this site are very vocal to the point of trolling when defending their system of choice. People like Hus trolled the forum for months before he got banned, so i don't think they need anyone to protect them.

Besides, people like Benkenobbi, theSource, roadkillers, stof, aren't biased when it comes to moderating. Actually, the only mods that clearly show their bias are mrstickball and ckmlb.

If you can't hide your bias when moderating, you shouldn't be a mod IMO.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Make me a mod, i'm not bias against anything. Plus i don't troll the site like wii fans.

carlos710 said:
Very bad idea, you should add moderators because they deserve the position, not because they love certain console.

Most sony fans on this site are very vocal to the point of trolling when defending their system of choice. People like Hus trolled the forum for months before he got banned, so i don't think they need anyone to protect them.

Besides, people like Benkenobbi, theSource, roadkillers, stof, aren't biased when it comes to moderating. Actually, the only mods that clearly show their bias are mrstickball and ckmlb.

If you can't hide your bias when moderating, you shouldn't be a mod IMO.

Their is only one person I am sure of who is not biased and that is theSource (and that is because he didn't post much.  But a forum with 80% of mods who are a Wii owner is never good. That is why I say that we need a PS3/X360 owner who the most of the VGCHARTZ members don't call biased or fanboy.

GranTurismo said:
Make me a mod, i'm not bias against anything. Plus i don't troll the site like wii fans.

Bad idea. (Didn't you just got banned because of trolling?).