By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - PS3 Moderator/Representative

El Duderino said:

Personally I still think we need to send someone over to stofs house, smash his Wii and replace it with a PS3, problem solved. 

No we don't.

Around the Network

the job of a mod is to ban people who are trolling. They do a good job and ban Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft biased trolls. Who cares whether most of the mods are Wii fans. It just shows Wii fans are the ones who are most likely to be trustworthy with a ban stick. It doesn't show any inherant bias of the site, it's not like they're going to rise up, take out all the Sony favouring mods, and ban all Sony fans.

So long as the mods are doing a good job moderating, it doesn't matter which console they prefer. Being a mod doesn't give their arguments more weight or make them some paragon of virtue. They're just there so that when someone goes over the line they get banned. It's as simple as that.

I don't think we need any more mods, and if we do, then it will be someone who shows themselves to be trustworthy, not someone just to fill out the ranks of "Sony biased moderators"

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

konnichiwa said:
El Duderino said:

Personally I still think we need to send someone over to stofs house, smash his Wii and replace it with a PS3, problem solved.

No we don't.

Yes we do... I SAYED PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

lalalalalala *(fingers in ears, eyes closed)* lalalalalalala I can´t hear you lalalalala problem solved lalalalala... 

konnichiwa said:
If I have to choose between GT and SSJ12 then I would choose for SSJ12.

SSJ12 his post are not/or less biased then GT's posts and SSJ12 haves more experience on this forum.

you have to remember I lean to the PC side of the force I mean video game war. I may own a PS3 and prefer it but I have owned a Wii and 360 but when it comes to comparing anything to PC I'll take everything on PC over anything on a console. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

GranTurismo said:
Make me a mod, i'm not bias against anything. Plus i don't troll the site like wii fans.

Sounds like you'd view everyone fairly and without prejudice.

Around the Network

I'm biased against this thread. ;>

Sqrl said:
Just for the record Gran Turismo is easily in the top 3 for worst choices to be a moderator imho. Not trying to piss him off, but I constantly see him trolling.

I'm all for looking for a mod with a bit of PS3 bias since I think its good to have another point of view, but I also think it has to be someone that doesn't make other people think "oh dear god no!". Which is exactly what I thought when GT threw his name in the mix.

Show some proof of me trolling.  I maybe a PS3 fan but i in no way hate the other systems.  I am by far one of the biggest Halo fans around.  I also own just about every Nintendo system.

DKII said:
I'm biased against this thread. ;>

why? and whats up havent seen really posting much DKII. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

super_etecoon said:

This thread will go down in flames.

That's not why I started it.

On a regular basis there is an accusation floating throughout this site that there is a definite Wii Mod bias. I don't know what the breakdown is but I'm sure that with some of the more vocal moderators there probably is a slight slant towards Nintendo in general and the Wii specifically. I don't think that's a bad thing, nor do I think that it affects the accuracy of this site's numbers. However, it does no one any good to always see this accusation crop up from time to time and I think it does more to discredit the site than a perceived Wii bias. That is, the "discussion" that this site is biased causes more problems than if the bias were in fact real.

So I propose a solution. This is in regards to a PS3 moderator, because, IMO, this is the most vocal of the consoles in need of site representation. Granted, perhaps there may need to be more moderators that represent the 360. Either way, maybe something can be done.

I recommend that we add a moderator. I also recommend that there be an application process where a PS3 fan (Or Multi-console fan) uses their thread history to prove that they can be unbiased and civil in the heat of debate. These short applications could be reviewed by the existing moderators and finally, ioi.

We don't need a PS3 moderator. We don't need a 360 moderator. We don't need a Nintendo moderator. We need someone who can control themselves in the midst of a debate and someone who can deal with violent situations or trolls. It doesn't matter if they are biased or not; as long as they're able to deal with conflicts accordingly, I doubt the administrator would care about their console preference. Do you think any of the moderators here would let a Nintendo troll go because they themselves also support Nintendo's systems? I trust our moderators in their ability to determine what is right and what is wrong, and I know ioi does too, which is why they were given that position.

To me, the site is fine the way it is. It may not look like it, but I'm sure every moderator is doing their the job the best they can, whether it's behind the scenes or right out in the open. We all have our opinions, it's just a matter of whether a person can let that get in the way of their job or not. Sure, ckmlb may seem like a troll, and at times may seem like he hates Nintendo, but I don't see him banning anybody because they disagree with him.

Thanks for a good discussion everyone. I'm glad so many of you disapprove of the idea of a PS3 moderator as I think the idea is ridiculous. Our moderators (ALL OF THEM) do an excellent job making this site one of the most entertaining, close-nit, intelligent, and down right wholesome (ok...maybe not that) forums around.