By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - PS3 Moderator/Representative

GranTurismo said:

Show some proof of me trolling.

"I don't troll the forums like wii fanboys." 

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
Very bad idea, you should add moderators because they deserve the position, not because they love certain console.

Most sony fans on this site are very vocal to the point of trolling when defending their system of choice. People like Hus trolled the forum for months before he got banned, so i don't think they need anyone to protect them.

Besides, people like Benkenobbi, theSource, roadkillers, stof, aren't biased when it comes to moderating. Actually, the only mods that clearly show their bias are mrstickball and ckmlb.

If you can't hide your bias when moderating, you shouldn't be a mod IMO.

I dont believe that anyone is biased when exercising their mod duties.  Mrstickball loves the 360, ckmlb loves the PS3, but neither of them issue bans or close threads based on this fact.  As long as they are not doing either of those two things in a biased manner, i have no problem with them having a preffered console.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Entroper said:
GranTurismo said:

Owned

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

TalonMan said:
Onimusha12 said:

Tallonman is 360 biased.

Wow - I can't believe I was just accused of having a 360 bias. While I agree with everything else you just posted, this simply proves that 'bias' is a perception and not always reality.

The mods here do a great job and I have not seen any abuse of power. There is no bias when it comes to moderation; If you play by the rules, we can all get along - if you screw around, then you pay the penalty. Simple as that.

Rather than worrying about what mods prefer which platforms and trying to strike some imaginary balance, why not just debate points with people? You'll never get moderated if you:

a) Stay on topic
b) Debate intelligently
c) Refrain from abuse vulgarity and insults

I promise, if you can stick within those guidlines, whether you're a Sony fan, MS fan, or Nintendo fan - you'll never have an issue on these boards...

After reading onimusha's post and your first sentence, I laughed out loud at the random accusation and confused reaction.

I have to agree with the whole biased thing, this site really does seem to lean towards more nintendo biased, which is completely fine in my book, but is that the reason not many quote us?

Also i also have a problem with every single top game being nintendo console, and alot of good games getting rated low because they are not nintendo console games.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

This thread will go down in flames.

That's not why I started it.

On a regular basis there is an accusation floating throughout this site that there is a definite Wii Mod bias.  I don't know what the breakdown is but I'm sure that with some of the more vocal moderators there probably is a slight slant towards Nintendo in general and the Wii specifically.  I don't think that's a bad thing, nor do I think that it affects the accuracy of this site's numbers.  However, it does no one any good to always see this accusation crop up from time to time and I think it does more to discredit the site than a perceived Wii bias.  That is, the "discussion" that this site is biased causes more problems than if the bias were in fact real.

So I propose a solution.  This is in regards to a PS3 moderator, because, IMO, this is the most vocal of the consoles in need of site representation.  Granted, perhaps there may need to be more moderators that represent the 360.  Either way, maybe something can be done.

I recommend that we add a moderator.  I also recommend that there be an application process where a PS3 fan (Or Multi-console fan) uses their thread history to prove that they can be unbiased and civil in the heat of debate.  These short applications could be reviewed by the existing moderators and finally, ioi.

There are already a couple of Pro-PS3 moderators.  There's only the 1 Pro 360 moderator though as far as I know.  Not that it really matters.

Lost tears of Kain said:
I have to agree with the whole biased thing, this site really does seem to lean towards more nintendo biased, which is completely fine in my book, but is that the reason not many quote us?

Also i also have a problem with every single top game being nintendo console, and alot of good games getting rated low because they are not nintendo console games.

Yea I agree in that I'm not sure why people are so childish about trying to downvote other peoples games on all sides its been interesting for sure to watch that list turn all Sony for a day then Nintendo fans striking back with a vengeance returning the list to 100 percent Nintendo and putting some Sony games down as far as possible on ratings. From a personal standpoint I don't have a problem with a lot of Nintendo games being up there but I could see why others could object. I can see the logic in the system though trying to build a community input on various games its just got a bad little war going on about it that I'm not sure how best to fix but it'd probably also be bad to scrap the whole system too. Possible fixes I'd think maybe for the top 10 list change it to like the top 3 from each console brand or something. Or maybe so that doesn't get stale take a random selection of a few 7-10 rated games for each console brand. Maybe give votes out randomly like the moderation point system at Slashdot or something to registered users make them think about how to cast their limited number of votes. Of course that would still lead to a large majority vote for Nintendo but I think it would at least solve the problem of downvoting Xbox/PS games who knows though it doesn't bother me much just throwing out ideas.

Now Playing : Links Crossbow Training(Wii), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) FE: Path of Radiance(GC)

Entroper said:
GranTurismo said:

or saying theres not many other good wii games then wii sports and wii play :P

i reckon a modwho owns all 3 consoles, and is unbiased, would be more appropriate

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Place would be fine if huge wii fanboys weren't mods, shams and ben. What ben says is trolling, he lets wii fanboys do all the time in the sony forum.

There are many people that wont even post a wii criticism because they don't want to be banned.

If ioi wants wii fanboys as mods he should only have them mod the nintendo forum, same would go for PS3/360 forums.

The tone of the forum is set by the mods, that really does expalin why this place is such a wii fanboy place.

This thread makes my heart smile,  back in the day when i smod'd  I used to have to fire mods for allowing personal bias to influence their duties to the userbase. Never thought about hiring a bias from every corner to even things out though, Seems abit... chaotic?

Alas i'm still just a newb, so to whoever gets it, congrats and remember: us sony fans have enough pr trouble without your help. >.>