By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 at 399$ on 3rd year is ahead of GC(99$) by 8 mln. =)

PS3 is d00m3d ... in the US :p I keed I keed, but it's out the game

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
What a weak thread... just stop trying to convince yourself that the PS3 is a huge success, it isnt. by any measure, because pre launch it was expected by all (including you) to be the market leader.

beating the gamecube is a very hollow victory.

So its PS3's fault everyone expected way too much from 399$ console?

Megadude said:
rafichamp said:
@TheTruth, actually the PS3 all together has lost Sony about 2.5 billion dollars since 2006. The xbox has lost microsoft 9 billion dollars, just the xbox. Then the 360 has lost microsoft 600 million dollars. There is a thread about this.

It was six billion on the original X-Box and another 5 for 360. They made half a billion finnaly last year. Only 18 more years to go at that pace to make their money back.

Not, MS did not lost 5 billion on 360. They lost about 2 or 1 billion on it. ( RROD )

Crazzyman I get it. FF XIII needs to come in a box set for 360 cuz of blu ray right? That is hella funny. I bet you cried last E3.
Where can I join the sony army.

BladeOfGod said:
TWRoO said:
BladeOfGod said:
TheTruthProphet said:

@megadude -

Sony has lost 6 billion $$$$ on the ps3 in 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!! WRONG!!! Well, I would say it is probably right if you take the first two years.... where SCE lost $2bil and $1.5bil in 2 years So $6 billion on PS3 alone is probable.... if you look at the full history of the PS3 though it has lost $7 billion in ~3.5 years. I dont follow. Explain it better. 2 billion + 1,5 billion is 3,5 billion not 6 billion, where did you found those other 3 billion SCE is more than just the PS3. What I was saying is that the PS3 has lost MORE than $6 billion... easily more. If we look at the last 3 Financial years, SCE have lost over $4 billion, but that is whilst profiting from the PS2 and the PSP.... So I was confirming that what TheTruthProphet said is "probably right" if you just look at those two fiscal years (2007 and 2008).... but when you factor in the last Fiscal year (2009) as well as the big hit SCE took to it's FY2006 profits (which was clearly due in large part to PS3 R&D) then we get to what I said at the end of the blue text: --"$7 billion in ~3.5 years"

1 product = 6 billion in losses AND GROWING!!!!!!! WRONG It is 1 product, it has lost more than $6billion, and it is losing more, so it is in fact correc t Original Xbox lost about the 6 billion as well Well it is difficult to pick apart accurately, but simple enough to figure out it is less than $6 billion.... the EDD of MS lost $6 billion over the course of the Xboxs life, but that is ignoring the facts that the X360 did not spring out of existance without any R&D money spent on it, as well the Xbox period covering what will have been expenses making the Zune, but not much of the profits from it.
However, ignoring the Zune and other products
It can be split roughly into $5 billion losses for the Xbox, and $4 billion for the X360.

Microsoft lost 9 billion in 8 years on SEVERAL 3 products. There are other products in the EDD division than Xbox and Zune Again, Original Xbox lost about 5-6 billion but i dont see him mentioning that True, but considering the X360 is now profitable, and the PS3 at minus $7billion and counting, I think the probability that by this time next year  the PS3 will have lost more money than the next 2 worst profiting consoles (both Xboxes) is quite significant.

Sony has equaled 2/3  1/3 of microsoft's losses in 2 3 wonderful years....all for the glory of LAST PLACE. Well the sentence structure implies what "Sony"s losses are... which makes it complex, but it was implied thatit's solely PS3 put against the 2 xboxes I believe.... so in fact, Sony have lost more than 2/3rds of Xbox losses in 3 years...... although if you choose to look at it as PS3 division in the last 3 years, versus xbox division total, then that would in fact be 1/2, not 1/3.

Around the Network

Why does it seem everyone semm to hate logic these days......

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

PS3 tracking ahead of the GC. So what? How does that affect me?

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

TWRoO said:
BladeOfGod said:
TWRoO said:
BladeOfGod said:
TheTruthProphet said:

@megadude -

Sony has lost 6 billion $$$$ on the ps3 in 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!! WRONG!!! Well, I would say it is probably right if you take the first two years.... where SCE lost $2bil and $1.5bil in 2 years So $6 billion on PS3 alone is probable.... if you look at the full history of the PS3 though it has lost $7 billion in ~3.5 years. I dont follow. Explain it better. 2 billion + 1,5 billion is 3,5 billion not 6 billion, where did you found those other 3 billion SCE is more than just the PS3. What I was saying is that the PS3 has lost MORE than $6 billion... easily more. If we look at the last 3 Financial years, SCE have lost over $4 billion, but that is whilst profiting from the PS2 and the PSP.... So I was confirming that what TheTruthProphet said is "probably right" if you just look at those two fiscal years (2007 and 2008).... but when you factor in the last Fiscal year (2009) as well as the big hit SCE took to it's FY2006 profits (which was clearly due in large part to PS3 R&D) then we get to what I said at the end of the blue text: --"$7 billion in ~3.5 years"

1 product = 6 billion in losses AND GROWING!!!!!!! WRONG It is 1 product, it has lost more than $6billion, and it is losing more, so it is in fact correc t Original Xbox lost about the 6 billion as well Well it is difficult to pick apart accurately, but simple enough to figure out it is less than $6 billion.... the EDD of MS lost $6 billion over the course of the Xboxs life, but that is ignoring the facts that the X360 did not spring out of existance without any R&D money spent on it, as well the Xbox period covering what will have been expenses making the Zune, but not much of the profits from it.
However, ignoring the Zune and other products
It can be split roughly into $5 billion losses for the Xbox, and $4 billion for the X360.

Microsoft lost 9 billion in 8 years on SEVERAL 3 products. There are other products in the EDD division than Xbox and Zune Again, Original Xbox lost about 5-6 billion but i dont see him mentioning that True, but considering the X360 is now profitable, and the PS3 at minus $7billion and counting, I think the probability that by this time next year  the PS3 will have lost more money than the next 2 worst profiting consoles (both Xboxes) is quite significant.

Sony has equaled 2/3  1/3 of microsoft's losses in 2 3 wonderful years....all for the glory of LAST PLACE. Well the sentence structure implies what "Sony"s losses are... which makes it complex, but it was implied thatit's solely PS3 put against the 2 xboxes I believe.... so in fact, Sony have lost more than 2/3rds of Xbox losses in 3 years...... although if you choose to look at it as PS3 division in the last 3 years, versus xbox division total, then that would in fact be 1/2, not 1/3.

I checked the numbers in this thread and apperently, SCE never had a loss close to 7 billion (hell, i dont even think they had that huge loss in entire company's history):

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=57802&page=1

^
did you even read what TWRoO wrote?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Of course the incoherrent PS3 hate trolls will be out in full force when you bring up facts like this. The PS3 has underperformed compared to some early prediction, but it definetly has not bombed, and there's a ways to go in the HD gaming war. I agree that a $299 could be a real turning point for the system, whenever that drop happens.

And it's not like the 360 is blowing anyone away. It's barely selling more than the PS3 on a weekly basis, and with $100 to $200 lower price.