By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 at 399$ on 3rd year is ahead of GC(99$) by 8 mln. =)

RolStoppable said:
CrazzyMan said:
RolStoppable,
Sony was sacrificing profit on PSone, PS2 and PSP in first years. To sell MORE costing product at lower price, to make it MORE AFFORDABLE to people. They make profit in later years. That is SONY business model.
Do you understand? I repeat: Do you understand???

The best games of this generation are:
Uncharted
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ratchet & Clank
Valkyria Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2
Motorstorm:Pacific Rift
Naruto:Ultimate Ninja Storm
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Warhawk
New Siren game
Demon`s Soul
inFAMOUS

on PS2 there were even MORE best games(50-100). =)

You convinced me with your incredible debating skills. I can't believe that I ever could think otherwise.

Sony is doing great. The PS3 is on course to make a lot of money, it has all the best games of this generation and the best of all, it's beating the Gamecube by eight million units during the same timeframe despite costing four times more. The PS3 is a MUST HAVE console this generation.

I`m GLAD to hear that, not like that i would care much(though wasted around 1-2 hours with you))) ), but still it`s nice. =)
It`s easy, you are favouring Nintendo, and don`t have faith in PS brand, despite PS3 sales at 399-599$. And definitely, you were thinking, that 299$/€ PS3 will have very little impact on sales, despite 399€ costing PS3 is selling on par with 179-239€ costing x360 Arcade/Pro models.

Anyway, time will show. It will be soon, if Sony release 299$ costing slim model this autumn or will take some time, if Sony will release 349$ slim model this autumn, and drop to 299$ later next year. Still 299$ price will come this or another year for sure.)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

very nice crazzyman give hope to the fallen lol

Rol, stop teasing him, it's not nice.

CrazzyMan said:

L.C.E.C.,
This thread is not about Wii, and i don`t care about Wii SALES, since it still not getting a lot of games - http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6848/ps3603rdpartyfc6.png which are available ONLY on HD systems.

AHAHAHA! CM, you are one funny mofo... The Wii has none of the exclusive HD games? Ah... Well... OH WAIT!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMMFAO. The Wii has ~500 exclusive games, whish puts your little list to shame. Also, you are comparing the worst selling-console of this gen to the worst-selling console of last gen, so it's completely apporpriate to compare the best of last gen, to the best of this get.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_exclusives
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Wii-only_games&from=Resident+Evil%3A+The+Umbrella+Chronicles

Oh no I didn't! OH WAIT, YES, I DID!

RolStoppable said:
CrazzyMan said:
RolStoppable,
Sony was sacrificing profit on PSone, PS2 and PSP in first years. To sell MORE costing product at lower price, to make it MORE AFFORDABLE to people. They make profit in later years. That is SONY business model.
Do you understand? I repeat: Do you understand???

The best games of this generation are:
Uncharted
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ratchet & Clank
Valkyria Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2
Motorstorm:Pacific Rift
Naruto:Ultimate Ninja Storm
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Warhawk
New Siren game
Demon`s Soul
inFAMOUS

on PS2 there were even MORE best games(50-100). =)

You convinced me with your incredible debating skills. I can't believe that I ever could think otherwise.

Sony is doing great. The PS3 is on course to make a lot of money, it has all the best games of this generation and the best of all, it's beating the Gamecube by eight million units during the same timeframe despite costing four times more. The PS3 is a MUST HAVE console this generation.

CrazzyMan got you there Rol

Around the Network

There is a thing in favour of Sony: companies that keep on investing and doing research and development during crises, come out of them stronger. In this Sony is lucky that a lot of projects started before the most acute period of this crisis, but nevertheless the effect will be the same.
This is true also for Nintendo, that, despite being almost immune to the current crisis, had in the past more than one bad or even simply not brilliant period, never gave up and always came out stronger from them.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

CrazzyMan said:

Now, the only thing Sony need, is to cut price to 299$(mass market price this gen) and be able to make profit from Gaming division. =)

You DO realize that the 2 work against each other, a price drop and making a profit, right?