By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 at 399$ on 3rd year is ahead of GC(99$) by 8 mln. =)

Soriku said:
BladeOfGod said:
jcp234 said:
BladeOfGod said:
jcp234 said:
BladeOfGod said:
The worst selling Sony console is selling better than worst selling Nintendo console :)

I am sure investors will be more concerned with profit, rather than the number of consoles sold.

I'm not really sure how this comparison is even relevant. The PS3 is selling more but probably losing even more money compared to the Gamecube, which probably loss close to nothing if anything.

PS3 still has 7 years to go ( according to Sony ) so it can still make all the profit GC did,(maybe even more )

So, you believe in the end, the PS3 will make enough profit to net the losses it has made in the past and it is going to make this year and probably next year? Enough so, to equal the profits of the gamecube?

Maybe you should honestly consider the type of market conditions needed to achieve that kind of performance in seven years. Just does not sound very logical, but then again...a lot of things within this thread do not.

Not so sure about equaling profits GC made but i am sure it will make enough to cover all losses it made

The PS3's made like 3 billion+ in losses. That isn't gonna happen.

It can happen in 7 years. BUT Sony predicted another billion loss in next year, so they would need to make at least 700$ million in one year to cover the loss

Around the Network

RolStoppable,
1) THIS thread is about SALES vs SALES, not about PROFIT vs PROFIT. :)
2) Can you give me numbers, how much GC made profit for Nintendo? But only FACTS, how much Nintendo made on GC.
3) LoL, i even never heard about the games, you named. =))) Better games only for Nintendo fans, maybe. RE4 came in 2005 on GC, and was only timed exclusive.
4) In that case PS3 would come at same time as x360, without blu-ray, and for 399$. But the POINT, is that even at 99$ people weren`t buying GC as much as PS3 today.
5) Stick on topic, THIS thread is about SALES. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

RolStoppable said:
BladeOfGod said:
Soriku said:
CrazzyMan said:

GC had highest rated exclusive games? So, WHAT? High rated =/= better game

Strange, I could've sworn people used that as an argument against the Wii.

Dont worry, PS3 will surpass GC in number of 90+ games soon

So, WHAT? High rated =/= better game, the media today is biased.

I have to agree with CrazzyMan on another thing as well: The PS3 is a MUST HAVE console. Stop being in denial. Also, didn't you read the rules? If you hate Sony or the PS3, LEAVE the thread.

I never said those things

BladeOfGod said:
The worst selling Sony console is selling better than worst selling Nintendo console :)

That is true... but it has nothing to do with this thread. The PocketStation versus Virtual Boy thread has not been created yet.

did rol just say ps3 was a must have console?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
CrazzyMan said:
RolStoppable,
2) Can you give me numbers, how much GC made profit for Nintendo? But only FACTS, how much Nintendo made on GC.
3) LoL, i even never heard about the games, you named. =))) Better games only for Nintendo fans, maybe. RE4 came in 2005 on GC, and was only timed exclusive.
4) In that case PS3 would come at same time as x360, without blu-ray, and for 399$. But the POINT, is that even at 99$ people weren`t buying GC as much as PS3 today.

Sales go hand in hand with profit...

Who cares if you haven't heard about those games? Most people haven't heard about VC, Siren, Demon's Soul, etc.

Exactly. Things are sold with an expected return on investment (profit). It's indeed crazy that this poster cannot grasp this concept.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

TWRoO said:
BladeOfGod said:

That is true... but it has nothing to do with this thread. The PocketStation versus Virtual Boy thread has not been created yet.

PocketStation was only selling in Japan, i dont think it would be a fair comprasion

RolStoppable said:
CrazzyMan said:
RolStoppable,

1) Why? Because it clearly favors Sony?

2) No, I can't give you accurate numbers.

3) How can you claim that the PS3 has better games than the Gamecube if you don't even know which games the Gamecube had? You obviously don't know enough about the subject to discuss it.

4) That's not an answer to my question. Read it again.

5) Why? Because it clearly favors Sony?

@BladeOfGod: Doesn't matter.

Just because it clearly favours Sony, doesnt mean you can change the topic

i think Crazzy's overall plan was to bait EVERYBODY into posting in his thread.

Crazzy's plan worked.

That Guy said:
i think Crazzy's overall plan was to bait EVERYBODY into posting in his thread.

Crazzy's plan worked.

A big fish expert in bait?  It makes sense.    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!