By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 at 399$ on 3rd year is ahead of GC(99$) by 8 mln. =)

TheTruthProphet said:

@megadude -

Sony has lost 6 billion $$$$ on the ps3 in 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!! WRONG!!!

1 product = 6 billion in losses AND GROWING!!!!!!! WRONG

Microsoft lost 9 billion in 8 years on SEVERAL 3 products.

Sony has equaled 2/3  1/3 of microsoft's losses in 2 3 wonderful years....all for the glory of LAST PLACE.

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
TheTruthProphet said:

@megadude -

Sony has lost 6 billion $$$$ on the ps3 in 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!! WRONG!!! Well, I would say it is probably right if you take the first two years.... where SCE lost $2bil and $1.5bil in 2 years So $6 billion on PS3 alone is probable.... if you look at the full history of the PS3 though it has lost $7 billion in ~3.5 years.

1 product = 6 billion in losses AND GROWING!!!!!!! WRONG It is 1 product, it has lost more than $6billion, and it is losing more, so it is in fact correct

Microsoft lost 9 billion in 8 years on SEVERAL 3 products. There are other products in the EDD division than Xbox and Zune

Sony has equaled 2/3  1/3 of microsoft's losses in 2 3 wonderful years....all for the glory of LAST PLACE. Well the sentence structure implies what "Sony"s losses are... which makes it complex, but it was implied thatit's solely PS3 put against the 2 xboxes I believe.... so in fact, Sony have lost more than 2/3rds of Xbox losses in 3 years...... although if you choose to look at it as PS3 division in the last 3 years, versus xbox division total, then that would in fact be 1/2, not 1/3.

TWRoO said:
BladeOfGod said:
TheTruthProphet said:

@megadude -

Sony has lost 6 billion $$$$ on the ps3 in 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!! WRONG!!! Well, I would say it is probably right if you take the first two years.... where SCE lost $2bil and $1.5bil in 2 years So $6 billion on PS3 alone is probable.... if you look at the full history of the PS3 though it has lost $7 billion in ~3.5 years. I dont follow. Explain it better. 2 billion + 1,5 billion is 3,5 billion not 6 billion, where did you found those other 3 billion

1 product = 6 billion in losses AND GROWING!!!!!!! WRONG It is 1 product, it has lost more than $6billion, and it is losing more, so it is in fact correc t Original Xbox lost about the 6 billion as well

Microsoft lost 9 billion in 8 years on SEVERAL 3 products. There are other products in the EDD division than Xbox and Zune A Again, Original Xbox lost about 5-6 billion but i dont see him mentioning that

Sony has equaled 2/3  1/3 of microsoft's losses in 2 3 wonderful years....all for the glory of LAST PLACE. Well the sentence structure implies what "Sony"s losses are... which makes it complex, but it was implied thatit's solely PS3 put against the 2 xboxes I believe.... so in fact, Sony have lost more than 2/3rds of Xbox losses in 3 years...... although if you choose to look at it as PS3 division in the last 3 years, versus xbox division total, then that would in fact be 1/2, not 1/3.

you know youre in dire straits when you have to compare to the gamecube to make yourself look like you are doing well

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Comparing the PS2's successor to the Gamecube.....ugh.

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:
Jo21 said:
twesterm said:
So...you're trying to prove that the PS3 did better than the worst console last gen? Do you also brag when you can beat a 4th grader at any given sport?

so whats 360 a 5th grader?

they both in third place and always compared. and also the same time frame 360 it's behind the ps3 with a cheaper price.

I wonder... are you in grade 5 ?? PS3 is in third and 360 is in second.

and u lack reading skils?, this thread is about the GAMECUBE Too.

rafichamp said:
@TheTruth, actually the PS3 all together has lost Sony about 2.5 billion dollars since 2006. The xbox has lost microsoft 9 billion dollars, just the xbox. Then the 360 has lost microsoft 600 million dollars. There is a thread about this.

It was six billion on the original X-Box and another 5 for 360. They made half a billion finnaly last year. Only 18 more years to go at that pace to make their money back.

You must be so proud

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

twesterm said:

Wait a second, why are you calling the Gamecube $99 and assuming it was $99 for its entire lifespan? It started at $200 and didn't go to $99 until two years into its lifespan.

And I know you might be inclined to say that the $100 price drop so early in its life showed how badly it was doing but the PS3 has dropped, what, $200?

See, I can cherry pick too. =)))))))))

I don't think he's saying its the price drop so early, he's simply stating the price. And how the PS3 is owning the gamecube.

The PS3 came in at a $500 entry and $600 for the good one. The Cube started at $200. Skip ahead 2 years later the Cube is $99 and the PS3 is at a $400 price and the PS3 has 8 million more sales.

The_God_of_War said:
Comparing the PS2's successor to the Gamecube.....ugh.

Do you know what the gamecube was? The N64's successor. The N64 had some of the best games ever. And it's successor was the SNES, and before that the NES which sold 61 million units.

You can't possibly say it's not a fair comparison due to PS2's amazing sales. What about the NES and the SNES's great sales, sure the N64 didn't do so well but Nintendo has a huge history.