By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The problem with PSP *Discussion*

leo-j said:
The psp is a portable ps1.

I forgot to mention, only 13% of psp owners know it plays playstation 1 games.

Its a pain though right?

Either you have to hack, or you have ot buy a PS3... I'm pretty sure

And the PSP is more like a portable DC/borderline PS2 than a PS1...

DS is like a portable Sega Satrun with crappy texture. At least when comparing mario 64 to mario 64 ds, which is the only good free raoing 3-d world on DS I can think of (Animal crossing you can't really change the camera, and mario kart looks like SOnic R graphics with worse texture imo) 

Around the Network

also who didnt want to play New super mario brothers, if you grew up with mario and sonic... my first gameboy since the original

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

W29 said:
Everyone knows Nintendo makes handheld system and games.

Everyone just realized that Sony just came into the handheld market, so they are a newcomer, whereas Nintendo is a veretan at the handhelds period.

Now that is a good explaination.

I would say some people don't know that... but it's not like I can confirm it...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Bttles said:
fanboy much.

Who cars now time will show the truth.

I was hesitent to post this thread just to avoid reading crap likes this.

leo-j said:
The psp is a portable ps1.

I forgot to mention, only 13% of psp owners know it plays playstation 1 games.

What PS1 games can it play?

Around the Network

@fazz

se what I mean.

@the green mushroom guy

You do know that the psp can producs graphics better than the ps2.

mM

us.playstation.com/ps3

Click on ps store and ps1 games.

mM
Bttles said:
fanboy much.

Whatever you say, Hus.

PSp would sell better if DS weren't there, but the question is how much better? It's like the PS3. You could remove 360 and Wii, but the price and struggling library is still a factor, which would make the lack of competition that much worse.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ArtofAngels said:
Bttles said:
fanboy much.

I was hesitent to post this thread just to avoid reading crap likes this.

Sorry, but its annoying if the first thing in the thread your foring you agenda already.

Just ask what you want to ask, but keep the crap out out or dont make the thread.

tiachopvutru said:
W29 said:
Everyone knows Nintendo makes handheld system and games.

Everyone just realized that Sony just came into the handheld market, so they are a newcomer, whereas Nintendo is a veretan at the handhelds period.

Now that is a good explaination.

I would say some people don't know that... but it's not like I can confirm it...

No, you can confirm it. Because its true, nobody really knew about Sony hitting into the handheld business. And now that they are here people have said these are the main problems its lacking:

1. Homebrew (hacking)

2. Price $180 vs. DS $130

3. Lack of Games (no well known franchise just for the system, like how Nintendo has for the DS)

4. DS (Nintendo Veretan, Best games because of fanchises, new touch screen)

5. iPod is beating the hell out of it in the entertainment departments.

Last, lack of consumer awareness (no good advestisement) haven't seen a PSP commercial since the ad campaign for "Dude get your own" when they lowered the PSP to $180.

Really those are my top five reasons, if anymore just add or feel free to disagree. But I think I got the point on why its really lacking in departments and sales.