By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is High Voltage Software Nintendo's spiritual Rare?

I don't know, but they sure are trying. They saw an opening in the wii market and are going for it full steam. Good luck to them.

I found that the industry lacked imagination when they shunned the wii in the beginning, wel actually even now. Sure it's just a business but a creative business. HVs is showing some refreshing energy.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Savior - HVS to me has proven themselves already. They did Hunters: The Reckoning, well at least the GameCube version, and I dig the game a lot. They made one of the few 4-player hack n slash type games that I still fire up with some friends.

naznatips said:
Well I hope their games are better than Rare's current games or it's not going to mean much that they are only making them on Wii.

Rare has been averaging above 80 on the Xbox 360.  That's not stellar, but they certainly don't deserve the bad rep they get.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Ghutto said:
Rare =/= RareWare.

Rare is a trash. A waste of money and time.

*looks at game collection*

yeah, because you have played them all. i remember another article about this with insomniac. if rare wasn't so good than people still wouldn't be comparing stuff to them.

they have the chance, but i really don't think they will.

If by "Rare" you the Rare prior to Nitnendo selling them and the mass exodus of actual talent, then I have to say no.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
they have made one game!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually they've made 20+ games.  Mostly shovelware.

too early too tell, if they can make titles like rare used to for nintendo and titles like rare makes now for m$, then thats a very good thing for nintendo indeed.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

shovelware made them cash to make real games like the conduit and gladiator.
They make a lot of licensed games for $.

It would be cool for it to happen, but only time will tell once their big titles are released.

P.S. You forgot Donkey Kong 64! ;)

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

they have a long way to go to obtian that status