By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is High Voltage Software Nintendo's spiritual Rare?

Spiritually, i agree. It seems like when people complain about how modern Nintendo lacks "gamers' games" and then reminisce about how many gamers' games the N64 had, mostly due to Rare. HVS is here just to provide us with "gamers' games"

All that remains to be seen is how successful at it they'll really be.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I don't think that The Conduit or anything else they make will top N64's Goldeneye.

A lesser Rare, perhaps. And I'm sure the Wii can do more than they manage to squeeze out of it... look at the crazy shit Rare did with any Nintendo console.

dsister44

I have 26 years old and I had all the games made by RareWare. My dear.

Ghutto said:
dsister44

have you played any of their new games?

So is every developer who develops exclusively on Sony platforms like Insomniac or Naughty Dog?

"However, by Rare, I mean that they don't consider their IPs made for the Wii going anywhere else, and they are currently attempting to fill a gap in the system's library. "

Well that's true for a lot of developers. Exclusive IPs aren't rare for the Wii, and filling a gap doesn't mean they're anything like Rare. Rare just developed games that were good and sold well. There's no reason to think that the N64 would have gone down without their games. Sold less? Most likely. But died instantly despite having Super Mario 64 available right from launch? Give me a break.

Around the Network
Wyku said:
It would be cool for it to happen, but only time will tell once their big titles are released.

P.S. You forgot Donkey Kong 64! ;)

That's the one!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I thought Nintendo's spiritual successor to Rareware is Retro Studio...

Also, while HVS gets kudos for showing their creativity exclusively on Wii and actually putting in efforts for those games, I have not seen any great titles from their past portfolio. The only reason they are getting all these attentions right now is because of their commitment on Wii, not the quality of their titles. The Conduit should turn out to be a good title but they still have a long way to go to establish themselves.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

The only thing I want from rare is goldeneye. That game was cool. Why can't microsoft let nintendo put it on Virtual Console.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
The only thing I want from rare is goldeneye. That game was cool. Why can't microsoft let nintendo put it on Virtual Console.

because nitendo won't let microsoft have i to on xbl

Ghutto said:
dsister44

Are you french?

They say: J'ai 26 ans and litterly that means I have 26 years old, but it's I am 26 years old in English.