By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is High Voltage Software Nintendo's spiritual Rare?

HVS will implode. Poor guys.

Around the Network
bubsby said:
HVS will implode. Poor guys.

Alright I think this is proof that High Voltage Software is the new Retro. Three new IP's in like one year and of those IP's two of them are shooters for the Wii. Now unlike Retro Nintendo won't be awarding HighVoltage the Metroid liscense so hopefully we'll see their creativity actually come to fruitation unlike with Retro. If High Voltage plays their cards right they could turn all these new IP's into franchises by the end of the generation.

Hopefully Nintendo picks up High Voltage and turns them first party fast before one of the other publishers realizes their potential and takes them over first.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

All I know is, Gladiator A.D. could include the Colosseum-filled sea battles, and that'd be it. I'd be done. For life.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

JGarret said:
Time will tell.

Time will tell indeed.

You're forgetting Zoonami - the company founded by the creator of Goldeneye whom left Rare, and have been working on multiple wii games for the last 3 years. It would make sense for them to unveil their projects at this E3.

Around the Network
Incubi said:
You're forgetting Zoonami - the company founded by the creator of Goldeneye whom left Rare, and have been working on multiple wii games for the last 3 years. It would make sense for them to unveil their projects at this E3.

I haven't forgotten about Zoonami. But since its foundation it has only released a single DS game. Its key title FunkyDilla has been all but cancelled and with no assets to disolve and no real profits coming it I can't see them having much to actually show. Not to mention Zoonami isn't a big enough company to have a booth or presence at E3, it would be foolish for such a small company to try and compete with the big boys for air time during E3. Thats why High Voltage is revealing all of this stuff prior to E3, because if it all got announced at E3 it would get lost in the over flow of new games announced from bigger developers and publishers!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

dude17761991hatp said:
All I know is, Gladiator A.D. could include the Colosseum-filled sea battles, and that'd be it. I'd be done. For life.

Those were never verified to actually have happend, though i would really expect hem to see them. That would a awesome level. With big crodcodiles or hippo's in the water. The water in the conduit looked very good so the engine can handle it. Off course the gladiators aren't exactly super accurate either, but should be fun none the less.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

They work so hard in making of TC, and looking like GAD and TG are result from their staffs researching what games on Wii that they still able to make and meet consumer's need.

Imo HVS is the most hard working 3rd party now, i hope their games come out great as everyone expected. :)

To Answer at the question:

I hope so.

i thinks that Nintendo should make HigVoltage (if they want to) second party...or at least giving them some kind off ascent guaranties as long as they go Nintendo exclusive.... Think that to get ready for next generation nintendo need to get like those and one or two other 3rd party developers to start work on hardcore games for first this and then the next Nintendo system...or dont need to...but they have the money and it would help them still make money if those new gamers dont come back and by a new console again (most off the wii fit gamers probably wont come back)....