By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is High Voltage Software Nintendo's spiritual Rare?

Madanial said:

Imo HVS is the most hard working 3rd party now, i hope their games come out great as everyone expected. :)

Ditto, I was the kind that never knew about The Conduit and to go even further not caring about, but in recent months HVS made me rethink my views about them and this game. I'm not sure they will be the next best 3rd-party for Nintendo, but future looks very bright for them!

Pray to God that this game don't bomb!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Half a million is guaranteed.

There is no way it will be outsold by Quantum of Solace, no matter the 007 brandname. COD3 sold a mil, before the COD series took the FPS genre by storm.
World at War recently sold 1m.

If No More Heroes could sell 400k with no advertising, Bully could sell 400k w/o advertising, Madworld could sell 200k in 10 weeks, it has the odds in its favor. Plus, with Sega behind TC with marketing/advertising, there is no way. Even Haze broke 600k.

HVS made some 'movie like' trailers and the  conduit is rated 'mainstream' teen. Sega should have an easy marketing job. Pushing it's sales to a minimun of 500k on a installbase of 50 million can hardly fail. That's 0.5/50. I expect at least a million WW sales.    

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I see HVS as a superb dev so far with a lot of foresight. Only thing is if they actually deliver on their promises. If Conduit sucks I can guarantee HVS will die off to nothingness. If Conduit rocks I can guarantee that I will buy Gladiator AD and Grinder day one.

Here's hoping that they are good and more devs follow HVS' lead.

HVS release information about their under construction games now because they want to keep up the hype to increase TC sales, risky strategy indeed.Because they give more promising words to gamers, and they have to meet those expectation.

I don't want to think what will happen if they can't do it...

^^
Yeah, their two new games got me REALLY excited about HVS. I'm even more willing to buy The Conduit now (more than totally & completely willing, lol). I think it was a great strategy. We see what kind of work they're doing so it raises the hype and gets people to buy their games.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

Rare stopped being really a must have software developer once concker BFD came out. Their ideas dried up and they never really took the incentive to really go out and take control. Let's see what HVS does, if it's going to put the effort into the Wii as they keep promising then maybe we have a new big guy on the block.

But until then, Retro Studios all the way baby.

Radziel said:
Rare games were on the same level as Nintendo internal games.
I doubt HVS will ever achieve that quality. But I give them "+" for trying to make something interesting for core gamers.

Rare games were 9/10
I expect HVS games to be 7-8/10

I wouldn't say nintendo quality, but yeah I mostly agree with your post

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

this ones funny too

are you having a conversation with someone here? Its funny bcoz why? Because no other companies are bothering on the Wii and any dev. opportunities from anyone is appreciated.

Yeah we appreciate them, its so amusing. lol

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Xen said:
routsounmanman said:
Ghutto said:
Rare =/= RareWare.

Rare is a trash. A waste of money and time.

Also, Square =/= Squaresoft

Square, and especially Square-Enix is a trash. A waste of money and time.

Square is what most gamers used to call Squaresoft back in the day. SE =/= Square is much more appropriate.

SE's efforts on the handhelds are excellent, however. On a home console, they're pretty much a waste, that's true.

They've only made one console game this generation. (The Last Remnant)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.