By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The new High Voltage game revealed

liquidninja said:

Awesome, a Action game!!  Imagine the possibilites...

the gladiator box art you posted looks just like the boxart for this game

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
Viper1 said:
CONMAN15 said:
I just read the interview, and I'm already excited. :D Online Multiplayer would really get me psyched. They said split screen is already being included, and that we could see online.

I wonder how far along they are. I bet we'll hear a rough release time at E3, and hopefully some video footage.

They said heavy development has been going on for 7 months and a Q1 2010 release is the goal.

Oh, ok. I guess I missed that. That sounds great though. Holiday release probably would've been nice but theres no point in rushing it.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

so this is the secret game Matt had on his blog a couple weeks ago...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

i wonder why not people make a game around old gladiator games, i mean with online and all , and with new tech and a little RPG twist it would be awesome.
i think this one got a chance of doing it.

oooo interesting

Around the Network

Graphics look great, the brighter environments really help show the Quantum3 engine off better than The Conduit.

Nice to have a MotionPlus fighting game, and looks like it's going to have great online, too.

By the way, this was the blurred out screenshot game. Found it here http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14350710/gladiator-ad/images/pre-e3-2009-gladiator-ad-revealed-20090525022238637.html .

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

This game needs more blood:

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

^ yes they should just make the screen red with a very tiny bit of visibility of the game.

I want this game. This is my kind of game. I hope it does well. I also hope it will have online support.

However this game is very historicly wrong. The Roman Gladiators were not a very bloody and gory time. Most of the Roman Gladiator history was more tame. There was a lot of time and investment to train a good fighter. Having them die after one fight was a waste.

The specific time of the bloody roman gladiator lasted for only one Ceaser. It might have been Caligula, i'm not that sure which it was though. I believe it was during the period when Roman empire was being invaded by foreign countries. The blood sport was used to be a diversion for the roman citizens. This worst case blood sport however had painted an almost art of Roman gladiatorial culture to be believed into just a blood bath of gore. Yes Romans loved the fighting and enjoyed a good death, but most fights were not to the death. This however didn't mean the prisoners and other criminals weren't thrown in to die.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

This game looks great and has an awesome gameplay concept. HVS knows what they are doing.

I'm guessing they start a game every October. 7 months ago was roughly late-October 2008. HVS began work on The Conduit in October of 2007. So since this game is smaller in area than The Conduit, we can see release by March 2010, but they can take their sweet time.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."