By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The official VGChartz 2.0 Thread

@matt247

NUh Uh!!

The Virtual Boy only did bad because most people are whiny babies that hate new things.

High Contrast Rules!!!

/sarcasm

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
VGC 2.0 killed this thread: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=25147

that thread was dead long before 2.0

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Munkeh111 said:
zexen_lowe said:
Munkeh111 said:
Just found a slight glitch. When uploading banners, having selected the file, and pressed okay, nothing appears in the box, but pressing preview still works

Well, banners have to be accepted by DB admins, so I suppose it's the way it should work

Sorry, you misunderstand. The box in which the address of the picture should appear in is empty

I can confirm the glitch reported by Munkeh. It also happens with boxarts - the address of the picture you want to submit doesn't appear in the text box but the picture is eventually uploaded.

Also it seems we can't prioritize newly uploaded boxarts (US/PAL) at the moment. It always shows the US boxart (doesn't happen with aleady prioritized ones).

On topic: I like the new design (a big thank you to the team!), but - while they don't bother me - it seems a lot of members are not content with the colors. How about 2 or 3 different color schemes to chose from?

@zexen

it is a glitch, but since people can still submit it is ok for now. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

I have a question about screenshots for games. Is there still a limit? I just added a few new screenshots to AC:CF not sure if it deleted some old ones or what. It used to be that you couldn't add any more once there was a limit. I think 5 disappeared since I added 5. Also, the pages take about 2x times longer to load then before.  I would rather have faster load times than "spicy" graphics or overuse of flash.  Loading forum pages shouldn't take this long...............

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
I have a question about screenshots for games. Is there still a limit? I just added a few new screenshots to AC:CF not sure if it deleted some old ones or what. It used to be that you couldn't add any more once there was a limit. I think 5 disappeared since I added 5.

The limit should now be 100, but it wasn't tested due to the way the beta was set up. The beta wouldn't allow us to upload images. Thanks for reminding me though, as I'll have to test this out.

okr said:
Munkeh111 said:
zexen_lowe said:
Munkeh111 said:
Just found a slight glitch. When uploading banners, having selected the file, and pressed okay, nothing appears in the box, but pressing preview still works

Well, banners have to be accepted by DB admins, so I suppose it's the way it should work

Sorry, you misunderstand. The box in which the address of the picture should appear in is empty

I can confirm the glitch reported by Munkeh. It also happens with boxarts - the address of the picture you want to submit doesn't appear in the text box but the picture is eventually uploaded.

Also it seems we can't prioritize newly uploaded boxarts (US/PAL) at the moment. It always shows the US boxart (doesn't happen with aleady prioritized ones).

On topic: I like the new design (a big thank you to the team!), but - while they don't bother me - it seems a lot of members are not content with the colors. How about 2 or 3 different color schemes to chose from?

You mean this? I see the address, though white over light gray is definitely a no no and should be changed. But the address is definitely there

Alby_da_Wolf said:

@VGC staff:

Take the smileys back! I personally could avoid using them, but there are some morons aspergers humour impaired people that can't get irony without them!!!

Aspergers Syndrome negates a sense of humor, hm?  Damn, thought I had one...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

So it is, so all that is needed is for a change of font colour

nordlead said:
sethnintendo said:
I have a question about screenshots for games. Is there still a limit? I just added a few new screenshots to AC:CF not sure if it deleted some old ones or what. It used to be that you couldn't add any more once there was a limit. I think 5 disappeared since I added 5.

The limit should now be 100, but it wasn't tested due to the way the beta was set up. The beta wouldn't allow us to upload images. Thanks for reminding me though, as I'll have to test this out.

Seems to be letting me add more and not taking away any.  Guess I didn't pay attention at first.  Although each time I load 5 it says an error has occured even though it still adds the.