By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The official VGChartz 2.0 Thread

liquidninja said:
NJ5 said:
- AJAX was used too much, for example it's now impossible to open links from the top bar in new tabs.

AJAX isn't used for the top bar. That's Flash.

With AJAX you would be able to open in new tabs.

You're right, it is flash (which IMO is even worse, and surely doesn't help with performance).

Your last statement is a bit dubious, at least most websites I've seen using AJAX don't allow those links to be opened in new tabs.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Oh, something I just noticed - it doesn't make any sense to have the "most popular stories" on the left while the "recent headlines" are centered. The old website emphasized the popular stories much more, which makes more sense.

That I took this long to notice this also shows how cluttered the page is. I know there isn't much more information than before, but it's all just so close together that it's just too much.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I finally got it! The new colour scheme is a clever hidden advertising for Killzone 2!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Update: of all the Flash elements in the home page, the first to die is often the top one including the main menu. How annoying...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Anybody having trouble with the site try clearing out your internet cache, cookies, etc. If they're tweaking the site constantly problems with your cache could cause problems that aren't the fault of the site. Also make sure you have the most recent version of your browser.