By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The official VGChartz 2.0 Thread

Dark Chaos said:
Is it me or has the amount of users decreased since the update. Before 2k was common. Now its barely above 1k

ioi uses Google Analytics for traffic details so he'll know pretty quick if the upgrade is damaging the website.

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:
Is it me or has the amount of users decreased since the update. Before 2k was common. Now its barely above 1k

It

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Ok. Rich text replies arent posting my stuff.

Anyway, it's Sunday. And we are working out kinks. No worries about users.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

funny how the logo looks like a hand flipping the bird

The RTE (Rich Text Editor) still messes up posts in Chrome.

And in both Firefox and Chrome the pop-up dialogs in the RTE show blank.

Around the Network

I am not a fan of the new VG chartz because it is hard to read.  It feels like there is too much stuff happening on the main screen and the tex seems really small now.  I alos liked how on the old site that on the left hand column, it showed the forum topics that you answered and whether there were new responses or not.  I am disappointed that that has now disappearted.  I have a hard time reading the site now.

Ryudo said:
funny how the logo looks like a hand flipping the bird

O.o

You're totally right.

Now every time I see it I'm going to think vgChartz is flipping me off. -_-

wow. I left on a camping trip four days ago and BAM! I come back to see this. Absolutely fantastic so far. I will make sure to note any issues I come across.

Great job team.

theRepublic said:

Why do people think dark backgrounds are harder on the eyes? For light emitting sources, like computer screens, a dark background is easier on the eyes.

I also have the problem with this website eating a lot of computer resources.  The front page takes about 60%, and regular pages take around 30% of my computer's resources.

I don't know about everyone else but my issue isn't that it's hard on the eyes in terms of straining the eyes, just that it's not that attractive.  I can understand the need to consider issues like eye strain when you are designing software that will be used in the workplace.  Surely here the primary consideration (in terms of appearance) must be that the site is visually appealing and relatively easy to navigate, especially for newcomers and if people are repeatedly commenting that it's ugly and cluttered (paraphrasing) then you are failing on that front.

I don't think you have to worry so much about appearance for long term users, they are hooked on VGchartz like crack and would deal even if the site was rendered in hot pink and vomit green.  I don't know if the stats would back me up but there seemed to be a large number of new users and users with very low post counts who were scathing of the new appearance, if the site wants to grow it's these people they have to satisfy and first impressions do count.

theRepublic said:

Why do people think dark backgrounds are harder on the eyes? For light emitting sources, like computer screens, a dark background is easier on the eyes.

Did you know that it is actually hardest on the eyes when you're forced to rapidly shift colors?  The problem with dark color schemes is that 95% of the programs out there don't support them which means that you'll often find yourself changing between light and dark colors really often when browsing a website like this.  Some pages also flash white before they fully load.  While the dark background itself isn't causing eye strain, those rapid changes are.