By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 fails to crack 1 million units in US

MrBubbles said:
they shouldnt have released the demo. the poor controls and aiming turned people off, reducing the sales.

Exactly! I have been saying this for a while.

A FPS with terrible controls = FAILURE

That is why I hate KZ2. That is why I hate Resistance: Fall of Man.

That is why I absolutely love Resistance 2 - They finally got the controls figured out.

If they ever fix KZ2 controls, I will give it another look.  

As it is, pass.

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.

Around the Network

Halo 3 had 1.7 million pre-orders in the United States.

So to sum up, Max thinks his figures are more accurate than the one investors use.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

linlhutz said:
MrBubbles said:
they shouldnt have released the demo. the poor controls and aiming turned people off, reducing the sales.

Exactly! I have been saying this for a while.

A FPS with terrible controls = FAILURE

That is why I hate KZ2. That is why I hate Resistance: Fall of Man.

That is why I absolutely love Resistance 2 - They finally got the controls figured out.

If they ever fix KZ2 controls, I will give it another look.  

As it is, pass.

Please tell 70 reviewers and 1.4 million people that the controls of Killzone 2 suck. The poor saps seem to think it's an awesome game, with perfectly good controls.

Don't you pity them?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Max King of the Wild said:
Infamy79 - fixed cost do not go towards game budgets.

Shell Shock, Killxone, Killxone Liberation are the 3 games. if you ad killzone 2 into the mix thats a huge work load for the dev studio. Especially since their biggest expantion was when sony bought them Dec. '05.

Sellshock & Killzone were released in 2004, what the hell does they have to do with a game starting development in (estimated) early 2005?

Killzone Liberation was released in 2006, that's still almost 3 years prior to Killzone 2's release and was a PSP game so hardly as demanding as an HD title. As I've also stated at least twice now, games are made in stages and you can have a team finished with one game and moving onto the next project, so not sure why you keep using that bullshit excuse. The were clearly working on Shellshock and Killzone at the same time as they were released within 2 months of each other so how does that work if they could only work on one game at a time according to your infinite "wisdom".

Even if fixed costs aren't in the game budget, there's nothing to say it can't have still been $55 million to make. Assuming you're right for one second, that would mean that they still need to pay the fixed costs on top of the development budget, so doesn't have the same net affect?They only have one major game on sale at the moment bringing in income so what else do they pay the fixed costs with other than income from game sales?

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network

Infamy, he seems to think development doesn't begin until after the previous game is released and all the art work is complete.

Infamy - early 05 would put it less than 4 years... ya know... the number you said.

and it does have effects on financials... but sony wont hold the rent towards KZ2 but the company itself.

Viper - you are contributing nothing to this thread and have no defense except "but other people who i dont know and have nothing to do with sony and i have no clue how they came up with these numbers said so" its rather annoying. go away

Actually, I did say I know them. I know the author of the original story and I'm familiar with investors who use the figure.

And Investors have nothing to do with Sony? Correct me if I'm wrong but they are a publicly traded company, are they not?

The only thing annoying about this thread is your ignorance of facts being provided.